Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 01:41 AM   #11
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm sorry to hear that Poe has passed on, VulcanRider. It's never easy, to be sure.

I like Z's idea of a dedication page. For those who haven't read Charly's dedication page, head to the main Ironworks page for a link.

Peace.

*B*
Minister, etc. (ret.)
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:20 AM   #12
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I'm so sorry to hear that. Mr Poe. was very handsome - looks like he was very good for cuddling! They do like to look as disgruntled as possible though in pictures, don't they? You and Sue will have to comfort each other - poor little baby losing her friend like that.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:16 AM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Here is the dedication page:

http://www.tgeweb.com/dedication.htm

Vulcan, could you post more pics of Poe? He's amazing looking as is your other cat!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:18 PM   #14
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

I'll have to search some CDs in storage for more pics. I've only got a few on hand right now.

Sue on arm of couch

I feel sorry for one-cat-households. Having 2 cats is no harder in upkeep or feeding, and single cats miss out on things like this:
Nap time

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:36 PM   #15
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I am looking for a friend for Choc, I check the SPCA every Month or so.. it has to be a kitten though. I think Choc would love a friend

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:39 AM   #16
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by VulcanRider:

I feel sorry for one-cat-households. Having 2 cats is no harder in upkeep or feeding, and single cats miss out on things like this:
Nap time
That is adorable! My aunt actually recently sent me a picture of two of her cats (she has six) with their arms around each other while they slept. I sometimes think it would be good if Tuppence had a little furry cat friend, especially now I am living on my own and she is alone for much of the day, but the problem is, having another cat WOULD add a lot of upkeep - Tuppence is a very difficult cat with toileting and having another cat would increase the chance by a lot that she would use the carpet instead of her litter tray.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:02 PM   #17
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Sorry to hear, Vulcan.

Sometimes it's better they die then suffer
Old 08-14-2005, 10:39 PM   #18
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

im sorry too Vulcan.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:23 AM   #19
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

vulcan- what condition were poe's fur and claws in? everything else sounds like pancreatic cancer to me. my t.c. passed from that6 years ago, he also was on insulin for diabetes.

i'm so sorry to hear that poe died.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:46 PM   #20
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Fur & claws looked good. He wasn't losing hair or anything like that. He was always a physically strong cat and I didn't notice him getting weaker. I read that with kidney failure a cat only needs about 30% function to lead a normal life, so by the time they start showing symptoms they've already lost 70% function or more...

A couple days before Poe passed, my brother called a vet at the University of FL to ask about a kidney transplant, but she thought from the loss of mobility it was something called a "saddle thrombosis". Apparently it's a blood clot in the aorta that cuts off circulation to the legs. She said that was treatable with surgery, and if the cat is otherwise strong they can recover. Just an FYI in case anyone has a cat that suddenly loses control of his legs.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote