Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-24-2003, 05:31 AM   #1
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

Arrow

yesterday i watched TV! wow....
anyway i watched something about a real guy in real life killing someone and burying him under the bathroom floor [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... anyway a doctor who had been in and helping on this case was the one who finnaly solved it all.... the thing i reacted to when they said the doctors name was this.... Doctor Gordon Freeman from .... Doctor Gordon Freeman! there is a guy in real life who is a doctor named Gordon Freeman! COOL! [img]tongue.gif[/img] anyhow is this a coincidende (cant spell that word) or did the guys at Sierra now about this!? Cool [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 07:54 AM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

I think it's funny but nothing more.
Don't want to disappoint you but I'm pretty sure there are also real people named "Henry Jones", "James Bond", "Peter Parker", "Clark Kent", "Cate Archer", "Sam Fisher", ...
"Gordon" is a common first name and "Freeman" is not too unusual either.
If I made a new game and decided to call the hero of it ,say, Lawrence Stockman you could probably find an according real lif person too.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:59 AM   #3
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

No faceman you lie ! there is only on Bond James Bond [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 09:20 AM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

Exactly!
The world famous ornithologist James Bond, well-known for his work "The birds of the West Indies"
Old 06-24-2003, 10:34 AM   #5
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
Exactly!
The world famous ornithologist James Bond, well-known for his work "The birds of the West Indies"
Never heard of him.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 06-24-2003, 11:52 AM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I know he was great bird lover.
I wonder if real Peter Parker is a Spider-man too? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 12:08 PM   #7
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
Exactly!
Never heard of him. [/QUOTE]One of the few things I learnt in school was when my French teacher said to me: "Boy! Never boast about your own ignorance"

James Bond was named after the ornithologist James Bond by Ian Fleming.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show