Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-23-2001, 12:30 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have been thinking about our human weaknesses recently, and I would like to see how others relate.
I am actually afraid to spell mine out at the moment, but will do so depending on how others respond to this thread.

I am not asking for something, like a woman may reply "chocolate..."
No...that is a craving.
I am talking about the thing that leaves you breathless or something that you just cannot overcome to save your life! Let's have it, now...who shall begin?

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Old 08-23-2001, 12:32 PM   #2
Rikard

Chocola...
eh thats not an option?
eh....
lazyness unless i want it done myself

------------------

The Rocks show the way

Old 08-23-2001, 12:36 PM   #3
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The fact that i am NOT ABLE to stop arguing about something and accept that i was wrong and the other person was right to, as you put it, save my life. Im not happy about this

or maybe stuttering *sniff*
Old 08-23-2001, 12:47 PM   #4
Gabe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have to say my emotions, that not a weakness you shout, for me it is. Let me explain I only ever go to the extreme of them which is really bad when the emotion is sadness, anger or any other of the darker ones.

------------------

The angel's MIA.
Old 08-23-2001, 12:49 PM   #5
Moni

What leaves me breathless?
Seeing long legs on a tall slim man. If I find the rest of him to be attractive, my knees get weak.
Young men on fast motorcycles are another major distraction but they don't hold a candle to long legs on a good looking man.

More personal weaknesses...I like my cigarettes...that may one day leave me breathless.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 08-23-2001, 12:52 PM   #6
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

One single weakness ? One ? Single ? With me ? Larry, that must be the single one most hilarious joke ever posted on IW !

(Maybe my tendency for self-derogation and mistakingly thinking that is a) funny and b) the sign of intellectual maturity and brilliance ?)

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 08-23-2001, 01:05 PM   #7
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Not sure how deep you want to go with this one, Larry. A weakness I know I will never be able to overcome is my totally irrational and all consuming fear of our eight legged friends, the spiders.

However, when you say 'human weaknesses' I think perhaps you want to delve a little deeper then that. I understand your reluctance in that case but without a reference for comparison I'm reluctant to post myself. Be a bit more specific, and I'll happily go for it.

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 08-23-2001).]
Old 08-23-2001, 01:14 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

my weakness? I dont have weakness, i am Deux-cent-Cequante da Invicible who knows no fear

just kidding, i used to think my weakness cannot be overcome. i am a stutter for 19 years, isnt that a surprise? I am that kind "outgoing and not-confidence" person

but God sheded his bless on me! and right now I am on my way to complete Rome!
Old 08-23-2001, 01:18 PM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

My weaknesses are also my strengths in a given situation. As with us all no doubt.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-23-2001, 01:25 PM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
My weaknesses are also my strengths in a given situation. As with us all no doubt.

your weakness is your strength? i dont get it