Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2002, 11:42 PM   #1
?unknown?
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need someone who can help me with something I am trying to put in a cheat so you can create weapons out of thin air I looked under several web sites and they all said to do it you need to type in Debug Mode=1 under Program options but it says that 4 times

Very slow performance in 3D. "Backwards Compatible 3D=1"
must be set in the Baldur.ini file under [Program Options]
for this card to display properly. it says it here and repeats this paragraph 2 more times

[Program Options]
Path Search Nodes=4000

To increase or decrease the AI, vary the number of Nodes
(4000 above). The range can vary from 4000 to 400,000.
Increasing the number above will increase the number of nodes
in path searching with the pos it also says it here if someone could point out where to put it it would be a big help thanx
?unknown? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 05:30 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

You can increase the Path Searching Nodes really easy with the Configure-program, BGConfig, accessible from the BGII folder in your Start-menu.

But to be honest, I don't quite understand what you're asking about the cheat and the 3D-thingy. Could you perhaps refrase those questions to make them a bit more clear?
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 08:24 AM   #3
andrewas
Harper

There are a number of questions here, and Im not sure what you want to know from each one. however, I'll do my best:

All the following changes must be made in the file baldur.ini, in your BG2 main directory:

The 3d thingy. You obviously have an old card. Youd have to put in the settings given in order for it to work properly. I woudnt bother without a HUGE cpu, since BG2 is chronic for slowdown with a 3d card enabled. Just leave it as is, and make sure 3d-acceleration is turned _off_ in BG-Config.

Path nodes is a technique used to allow characters to navigate the world. Each time you (or the ai) makes them move, it generates a path, each path is made up of a number of nodes. Without sufficient nodes, it has to approximate more. Generaly, if your machine is p2 or better, you can put it to max and shoudnt notice any problems. You can either type in the new numder to replace 4000, or do it through the BGConfig program. If your in the file already, its easier just to type it.

The cheat. I dont cheat, and thus dont use the CLUAConsole except to fix bugs, so i cant remember how to use it offhand. however, Ironworks(yes, we really are good) has instructions on how to get it:

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/bald...2/cheats.shtml

Scroll down a bit, and youll find clear instructions on how to activate and use the CLUAConsole. You wont find the item codes (except the bonus-cd ones), but you can get them from shadowkeeper or infinity explorer.

The duplicated paragraphs. This one has me really confused, I dont see anything duplicated in my baldur.ini. You can probably just delete the duplicates.