Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-03-2001, 12:37 AM   #1
Suul-Yinn

I remember my first post and thinking 'I wonder if they will think me a fool for asking such a basic question?' Luckily Armisael answered my plee for help promptly, curteously and accurately (thanks again) and I felt part of the community. However, it wasn't until somebody thanked me for my help in answering their question that I felt I had truly arrived.

Old 02-03-2001, 05:10 AM   #2
Moiraine
Anubis

Just wondering when you old friends stopped feeling you were newbies on this board, and why ?

And, newcomers, feel free to comment !

I myself stopped feeling a newbie when I had that car crash and so many people I didn't know existed told me that they read my posts and liked them ! And that made me feel very warm inside ... enough that, although I am generally very attached to objects, I don't regret my car at all !
Old 02-03-2001, 05:18 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I stopped feeling like a newbie when someone posted a thread titled "Does Memnoch have any other hobbies?" That was about two months ago and made me realize that people were actually remembering all my posts!
Old 02-03-2001, 06:56 AM   #4
fighter-thief

i still don't know if i'm considered a newbie or not ,i just enjoy everyones company .this is the only place i can talk about a game that i enjoy and have such interesting conversations so ,i'm counting on you all to tell me if i'm still a newbie or not

Old 02-03-2001, 07:02 AM   #5
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I stopped feeling like a newbie when I had posted about 10 posts, and had finnished the game. After reading a lot of posts, I know a lot about this game, and a little about the off-topic-people. This board is getting more like a chat-forum, but I like it.
Old 02-03-2001, 07:08 AM   #6
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Damn i've been here for 6 months and i still feel like a newbie
no seriously
the first time i didn't really feel like a newbie was
ehm when they started replying on me
and ofcourse when the Clan started 5 months ago
Old 02-03-2001, 07:21 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Originally posted by el_kalkylus:

After reading a lot of posts, I know a lot about this game, and a little about the off-topic-people. This board is getting more like a chat-forum, but I like it.

Another example Moiraine, all we need to do is make sure people know there's an off topic forum they can go to when they want to get involved in off topic discussion and they will visit to have a chat. It's like a bookstore, there's sections for each genre (fantasy, fiction, biographies, etc), then there's a cafe in the middle of the store where people can talk about anything! Please trust me when I say this will work!
Old 02-03-2001, 08:14 AM   #8
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

lets see... now i feel the same way with el_kalkylus... i stopped feeling a newbie since i have finished the game and just dedicated myslef to just helpin out people... sometimes i feel left out sometimes im like a ghost... but sometimes i have lots of friends... it makes me feel i have real life here...

ps: warning to all that dont forget that your real life is outside of this computer...
Old 02-03-2001, 08:26 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Zor, pare, how can you feel left out?? You've been here even before me!
Old 02-03-2001, 08:38 AM   #10
Moiraine
Anubis

Zor, why, our real life is partly here, are we not real people ?!?