Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-21-2001, 10:13 AM   #21
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I know what you mean about the different friends thing. You'd be surprised how often one of your girlfriend's friends dislike you. (Although I've never had this problem myself as i've been in a real relationship.) I think you should go with the second approach though. You're right nothing will be lost that way. Why waste your time stalking her? Let her say what she wants. Hopefully you'll hear what you want to hear. Good Luck!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-21-2001, 01:20 PM   #22
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Let it die brother. Soon enough it will fade from memory and your soul will have it's rest. By picking at this slowly healing wound, you will just prolong it's healing.

If you ask her that question, there is a more then good chance that whatever she tells you will not be the real answer but the answer she tells you because she feels sorry for you. Asking that question after the fact would, I think, engender pity and that would elicit a response other then the truth.

Lastly, what would the answer do for you? If she told you you meant the world to her but it just wasn't meant to be... You are still broken up in the end. If she told you that you meant nothing to her and it was all a mistake... You are still broken up in the end. Put your soul at ease knowing that you live and learn, and the next time around (and there will be a next time) you can learn from your mistakes.

Good luck my friend.

BTW- A personal rule...Never but never chase or grovel or debase yourself before any girl ex or otherwise under any circumstances. Have confidence and respect in yourself and it will begin to matter less and less. If she doesn't want to be with you it's because she didn't know you for who you are and she wasn't good enough for you. Sooner or later someone who does appreciate you and is good enough for you will come along.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 08-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 08-21-2001).]
Old 08-23-2001, 11:27 AM   #23
Gridlock
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's been awhile.

Ryan, if you're gonna lose sleep over it, get it over with and just ask her. But if you'll be fine without knowing how she really feels, then don't. Don't set yourself up for possible heartache unless you feel it's worth it.

Now about your new strategy, well... it's safer than outright asking, but then that sort-of puts her on the spot. If I were her, I wouldn't know what to say. It would be like, "Okay... what am I supposed to say after this guy tells me just how much he likes me and I don't feel the same way?" And if ever she DOES feel the same way but has her own life, she still cant give you a proper response. So if you can't expect her to be fully honest with you, even if you change your style, everything from her end will be the same banana. Therefore, when in doubt, don't.

Besides, lots of other fish in the sea. Especially when you get to college. Go for someone who can actually see how special you are.
Old 08-25-2001, 04:29 AM   #24
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

LOL gridlock!!! Banana??? Wehehehehe that was great...

Well, yes, I want to go to the college of my choice to secure my future, and if God wants us to be together, anything will happen... that is if i don't force it...

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this