Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-30-2001, 08:28 PM   #201
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
Hi Tobbin. You're right about AOHell. They stink. Luckily they aren't available in my remote area of the globe. Why don't you switch to someone else?
How are you otherwise?

Well, it's been pretty draining the last couple of weeks, but I'm finally getting some free time for now. Doing pretty good. I pop in here every so often (like now) otherwise trying to work on my movie collection or D&D collection or comic book collection. Anything to take my mind off of my grandma. That's really why I wasn't expecting to come back to the board. I told you about my step-father dying and I wasn't able to go see his funeral. Well, I had the same thing with my grandma. I was gonna see her the weekend after she died. I never really got a chance to say good-bye to her either. Well, that's what's that. (Not trying to sound incoherent, but can't get any deeper than that for now.)

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-30-2001, 08:30 PM   #202
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Tobbin, I like aol for the format. Its all I'm used to I guess. I tried to get aol DSL but they arent "available yet in my area". I question that. I live IN Charlotte and its a fairly big place. How the hell can it not be available? Everyone else is. Pisses me off. They have a lot of plusses, but have been annoying me lately. Yea, I'm ranting too lol
Old 03-30-2001, 08:32 PM   #203
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Dub, one Guiness with extra soy sauce coming up! Hahahahahahahaha
Old 03-30-2001, 08:32 PM   #204
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
Lord, I was beginning to think you'd NEVER pull that out!!!
Why, oh why dearheart, do you have to give me a straightline like that??? You KNOW I can't go where I want to go with that, don't you?

:::::takes out the cord and ties KDs hands together in front of him and leads him up the stairs... while he playfully protests:::::

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Joke of the Laughing Hyenas
Aquisition master of the Finest of Humours - and the Killer Joke
Muse and Eternal Love of KDogRex
Old 03-30-2001, 08:33 PM   #205
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
Well, it's been pretty draining the last couple of weeks, ...Anything to take my mind off of my grandma. That's really why I wasn't expecting to come back to the board. I told you about my step-father dying and I wasn't able to go see his funeral. Well, I had the same thing with my grandma. I was gonna see her the weekend after she died. I never really got a chance to say good-bye to her either. Well, that's what's that. (Not trying to sound incoherent, but can't get any deeper than that for now.)
Oh Tobbin. I wish I knew what to say. What you need is time I guess. Have you tried writing her a letter to tell her what you wanted to say to her before she died? Just a thought....

**bilqis gives Tobbin a sympathetic hug and sits nearby in the hopes she can somehow comfort him**

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 03-30-2001, 08:36 PM   #206
Dublin Grocer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cheers LoA, but I'd rather have blackcurrant in it next time. Nice pub - obviously not a singles bar though.
Old 03-30-2001, 08:37 PM   #207
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Dublin Grocer:
Cheers LoA, but I'd rather have blackcurrant in it next time. Nice pub - obviously not a singles bar though.
*KDog calls down the stairs*

All depends on the point of view...we were all single once!!!

------------------
-Bard Extrodinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Old 03-30-2001, 08:38 PM   #208
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Tobbin, I like aol for the format. Its all I'm used to I guess. I tried to get aol DSL but they arent "available yet in my area". I question that. I live IN Charlotte and its a fairly big place. How the hell can it not be available? Everyone else is. Pisses me off. They have a lot of plusses, but have been annoying me lately. Yea, I'm ranting too lol

I don't really use much else in AOL except for web browsing. I do have AOL Mail set up for e-Bay stuff or getting files over 1 meg (AOL can handle up to 5 megs and unlimited incoming mail). It's not ALL bad, just that it's like losing school work on a computer when the lights go out is all. That's how AOL works. When it closes because of a comm error (booted), all the internal windows close down (except for mail and favorites). That really bites. Why does anything have to close down at all? Why doesn't AOL just have a pop up window come up that says, "Communication ERROR: Host is no longer available. Please Re-connect or close down AOL" That I could tolerate. No big deal. I don't even blame them when I lose electricity or have lost the computer so much that I have to reboot. Those things I can understand. Closing windows because I have a lost connection SUCKS!!!!!

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-30-2001, 08:39 PM   #209
Dublin Grocer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
*KDog calls down the stairs*

My God - you've got an upstairs as well. It's just like the Copper Coronet - I won't ask what goes on up there!
Old 03-30-2001, 08:40 PM   #210
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Well Dub, how about this- A Guinness with Black Tar Heroin for the full Euroasian experience. First five free of charge of course.