Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2001, 08:25 AM   #1
Charlander
Dungeon Master

I've seen many questions on this board that could easily be answered, just by looking in the game manual.

It would be great if everybody just took the time to read the manual, before posting a question on the board. That would leave space for the more interesting questions.

It sounds like a lot of people don't have the manual (or lost it).

------------------
...and he walked the earth for centuries, slaying creaturs of the underworld...

-Charlander
Old 09-18-2001, 11:09 AM   #2
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlander:
I've seen many questions on this board that could easily be answered, just by looking in the game manual.

It would be great if everybody just took the time to read the manual, before posting a question on the board. That would leave space for the more interesting questions.

It sounds like a lot of people don't have the manual (or lost it).

I sometimes ask questions because I revel in the happy companionship of the board.

I guess I could scour the manual, but often I get extra info on the game from the people on the board, plus I meet new friends.
Old 09-18-2001, 12:10 PM   #3
Istaron
Banned User

I know what you mean!
And questions like "How much does Cure Light Wounds Cure?" and (the most common one) "What aligment gets what familiar" can even be answered by looking in the game a bit!
I guess this thing is a by-product for people playing warez and not the original stuff.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-18-2001, 01:12 PM   #4
Mindbender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I bought BG1 and Icewind dale, then I ran out of money and couldn`t buy BG2 so i borrowed it from a friend, and he borrowed BG1 and IWD, and we usually don`t lend each other manuals, dunno why.. but that`s the way it is, we both know the basic stuffs but there are things that one have to get answears on and that may be in the manual, but it`s allways much more fun to get answears from real people, cause they can give you hints and they usually have dealt with the questions themself...

So if one wonders what`s so good about a sorcerer then the manual con`t give you the information a person who actually has played with a sorcerer can give..
Old 09-19-2001, 02:40 AM   #5
Charlander
Dungeon Master

Quote:
I guess this thing is a by-product for people playing warez and not the original stuff.
I think so too.
I's too bad that some people don't have the decency to spend money on games such as BG. It's a TOTAL lack of respect to those who created the game, plus it makes it harder for them to create new great games, when they loose some of their income because of those "warez-players" out there!

Quote:
I bought BG1 and Icewind dale, then I ran out of money and couldn`t buy BG2 so i borrowed it from a friend, and he borrowed BG1 and IWD, and we usually don`t lend each other manuals, dunno why.. but that`s the way it is, we both know the basic stuffs but there are things that one have to get answears on and that may be in the manual, but it`s allways much more fun to get answears from real people, cause they can give you hints and they usually have dealt with the questions themself...
So if one wonders what`s so good about a sorcerer then the manual con`t give you the information a person who actually has played with a sorcerer can give..
Well, I guess it's ok in cases like yours Mindbender

------------------
...and he walked the earth for centuries, slaying creaturs of the underworld...

-Charlander