Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-05-2001, 04:11 PM   #31
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Is it too late to put in a bid on the pair?

I'll pool my money in with yours, Absynthe.
Old 10-05-2001, 04:15 PM   #32
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:

I'll pool my money in with yours, Absynthe.
Love ya both! Ask Fljotsdale - she'll probably do you a special deal on the two of us, and throw my brother in free of charge.

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-05-2001, 04:19 PM   #33
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Love ya both! Ask Fljotsdale - she'll probably do you a special deal on the two of us, and throw my brother in free of charge.

When we going to see your brother on the boards?
Old 10-05-2001, 04:22 PM   #34
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:

When we going to see your brother on the boards?
ROFL!! The men in my family are somewhat less communicative than the females, you'll be glad to know, Djinn......

------------------

Old 10-05-2001, 04:32 PM   #35
Absynthe

Quote:

Dear Momma Fljotsdale:
I am writing in regard to the purchase or long-term hire of your offspring. I am of sound (though rather small) body, (Five foot three, 130 lbs, athletic, slightly tan, waist-length curly brown hair, green eyes, all my teeth*) disturbed mind, and a few very flexible morals. I have no current convictions and am in the process of intimidating witnesses to all pending legal actions, so I anticipate a clean slate in the future.
At present time I have thirty seven dollars and twelve cents, a comb, and an old copy of Atlas Shrugged to offer as down payment. My potential partner in this endeavor is a lawyer, and probably quite flush, so I'm hoping he foots most of the bill.
I wait in anxious anticipation of your response...

* Kept in a lovely ivory stashbox on my dresser

------------------

Old 10-05-2001, 04:33 PM   #36
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:

Okay.

Fljotsdale, how much do you want for the two girls? I don't particularly want the brother, so don't bother unless he really is free of charge.

Old 10-05-2001, 04:35 PM   #37
Absynthe

Oh damn, I forgot about the brother! Hmmm, could we use a driver? Maybe a cabana boy?

------------------

Old 10-05-2001, 04:38 PM   #38
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:

At present time I have thirty seven dollars and twelve cents, a comb, and an old copy of Atlas Shrugged to offer as down payment. My potential partner in this endeavor is a lawyer, and probably quite flush, so I'm hoping he foots most of the bill.
I wait in anxious anticipation of your response...

I was quite looking forward to this dual purchase, as was my sib, but the reference to 'Atlas Shrugged' has acted as a major dampener to our enthusiasm. Books by Anne Rand! Whatever next!!

(Actually, the Fountainhead was like the curate's egg, good in parts. Good on following your bliss at all costs... and quite a bit of other good stuff too, actually, although she's a bit dodgy on cause and effect. Atlas Shrugged was so boring that I gave up a quarter of the way through. Much more rabid than The Fountainhead also, and far worse written.......)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 04:42 PM   #39
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Wow - I bid 4 haggis, a malt whisky of your choice and a personally sung ditty (ask Cloudy) for the (almost) matching pair!!!

P.S. Get your pictures on Stealthy's Site NOW!!!

------------------
Regards

Mouse - Enamoured by the Twin Seductresses
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 04:44 PM   #40
Absynthe

Quote:
I was quite looking forward to this dual purchase, as was my sib, but the reference to 'Atlas Shrugged' has acted as a major dampener to our enthusiasm. Books by Anne Rand! Whatever next!!

(Actually, the Fountainhead was like the curate's egg, good in parts. Good on following your bliss at all costs... and quite a bit of other good stuff too, actually, although she's a bit dodgy on cause and effect. Atlas Shrugged was so boring that I gave up a quarter of the way through. Much more rabid than The Fountainhead also, and far worse written.......)

Glad you admitted it first, I didn't finish it either. Had to buy it for a class, and ended up doing the cliff's notes only because I was so put-off by her writing style. One of the few books I haven't finished, actually. Works good as a paperweight or doorstop, however.
I was once told by a writing prof that you learn more from reading bad writers than you do from reading good ones.