Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2001, 09:29 AM   #1
jimmyk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

in docks..i kill lich..turns into demi lich & smokes me..nothing seems to work..please help
Old 04-28-2001, 09:45 AM   #2
demus
Manshoon

Ok, this guy is not easy, and there are very few ways of killing him, the easiest I have found is, SPOILER
First kill his lich form, then, as he is transforming, cast mgic immunity, Abjuration (I think) on one of your characters who has a +4 or more weapon, then just lay into him with that character and he will eventually go down.

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 04-28-2001, 10:16 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Its also a good idea to cast protection from undead, that way he can´t see you.
Old 04-28-2001, 12:53 PM   #4
jimmyk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thank you , i'll try that , appreciate the help
Old 04-28-2001, 01:31 PM   #5
Dramnek_Ulk

after you have killed the first incarnation make sure everyone has a protection from undead scrool and casts it on themselveswhile hes changing then get chars to hit him etc, but give them potns of haste or somthing beacuse he regens about 3/hp per round.

------------------

Do *NOT* Push doors that say Pull, it can lead to... incidents

Old 04-28-2001, 04:15 PM   #6
jimmyk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

cast protection from magic on my self..not 1 weapon anyone in my group has touches this guy..what am i doing wrong..he cant hit me either though
Old 04-28-2001, 05:00 PM   #7
Tancred
White Dragon

If I remember, you need a powerful weapon and a skilled user to take on Kangaxx... It's possible that Kangaxx is casting some kind of protection spell on himself if he's still a freshly animated Lich.

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
If you've managed to kill him once and his 'flying skull' form is giving you problems... are you well-armed enough, with a +4 weapon? Perhaps you could attack Kangaxx using spells from a distance - perhaps Magic Missiles - while engaging him from the front with your fighters.

Tancred

I really wish I could remember how I beat Kangaxx. But, well, it was very late at night, I was on a strange cocktail of marmite sandwiches and sugary coffee... I still haven't recovered.
Old 04-28-2001, 06:03 PM   #8
jimmyk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

every weapon i try,with any character says my weapon has no effect..dont know what to do..please help
Old 04-28-2001, 06:15 PM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmyk:
every weapon i try,with any character says my weapon has no effect..dont know what to do..please help
To counter the imprisonment spell the demi lich uses, Protection from Magic will not work, use Spell Immunity and pick the school Adjuation. You can also use Protection from Undead as mentioned above. If you have a berserker, enrage him/her since the berserker (when enraged) is immune to Kangaxx (the demi lich version) imprisonment attacks. To hurt the demi lich, you will need +4 or better weapons, e.g. Daystar, Crom Faeyr, Warblade, Holy Avenger, Wave ... etc. The spell Melf's Minute Meteors will also create stones that are treated as +5 weapons when your mage throw them.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-29-2001, 04:24 AM   #10
Dramnek_Ulk

the earliest weapon that you can get +4 enchantment is Flametounge sword
in the druid qust in trademeet.

------------------

Do *NOT* Push doors that say Pull, it can lead to... incidents