Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-30-2001, 09:14 PM   #1
MockHuman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was wonderig, I see that most of you labor over names for your characters. How many out there name your weapons? Some of the ones I use are (Staffs) Sominex, Sandman , (Swords) Bet that hurts!, City Hall - As in there is no arguing with- , Reason , Logic , The Path to God , (Armour) Is that All You Got?, Don't Try it, .... Any way... I was just wondering... I like the idea that a Boogre Murderer see's Reason before he shuffles off. Well, To the Stout mines.
MockHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:19 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MockHuman:
I like the idea that a Boogre Murderer see's Reason before he shuffles off.
LOL!!! I like that!!

No, never did that myself!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:22 PM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I name them sometimes. My armor has original names but I usually copy names from other games for my weapons, such as Ragnarok, Masamune, etc. I also take a spinoff of the item's original name to make it fit for it's new purpose. Wizard's Blade to Warlock's Blade for example. For the Sword of Argus I changed the name because it wasn't really the Sword of Argus anymore so I called it Argus' Legacy. Those are all pretty stupid names aren't they? Oh well, I'm not the most creative person .

-Jafin

PS I like the idea of a Boogre Murderer seeing reason before he dies
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:23 PM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

I did... sword of Argus blessed to max became Excalibur (Original don't you think .

Aside from that, my favorite will always remain my Main Gauche +2 blessed to max: Hand of God
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:24 PM   #5
Conan

Wyv, those jaw bone's hurt!
Conan

------------------
Back to camp everyone!
Old 05-30-2001, 09:25 PM   #6
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

LOL MockHuman! Too cool! I never would have thought of all those good names for weapons myself. But, now that you mentioned it, I like the name "Make My Day" for a good two handed sword that is blessed to the hilt or "I'll Be Back" for a really good dagger maybe. I'm sure I will think of some others as time goes by. Thanks for sharing!
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:38 PM   #7
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I also took a Murakata No-Dachi and gave it to my Zenmaster and called it the "Sword of Zen." Also took some Dragon Plate Mail, gave it to my Paladin, now Valkyrie, and called it Heaven's Guard.

-Jafin

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 05-30-2001).]
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:43 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, I've named my blessed weapons before...sometimes uninteresting names such as "Lord's Blade" but sometimes very interesting names like "Random Axis" for one of my charged-up axes, etc.

Good post!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 01:17 AM   #9
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by mammawlin:
.........now that you mentioned it, I like the name "Make My Day" for a good two handed sword that is blessed to the hilt or .........:
Hmm, I usually bless the whole thing ...

I do name that which I bless/enchant. I named my Pixie Ninja's two handed Sword Giantsbane tonight. In PnP, I once had a DM make a Vorpal sword, and he named it ... oh, something tete, meaning in french rolling heads. I laughed very hard over that ...

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 01:38 AM   #10
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yep! LOL You are right, BK! I should bless the "whole entire thing" not just the "hilt"! No wonder my swords aren't any good.
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote