Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2002, 12:17 AM   #201
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
You're still here K T Ong?
Where's that book link! You forgot to peddle the book!

China may be on her way (and good for China!) but I tell you what, the Chinese tourists are well known in this country for throwing outrageous amounts of money around for the sake of deviant pleasures!
Where would they go for fun without this great and wonderful country to cater to their perverted desires?
Old 08-22-2002, 06:34 AM   #202
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
quote:
Originally posted by Tormentor:
I might get (f word + ed.. hehe) by this topic, but what the heck:

As a european i really get the feeling that America feels supreme, like they are rulers of the world. They can do everything without any excuse, whine about the WTC which get international news, whilst a thing like that would happen in europe, like the water disaster at the moment isn't getting much press attention... i even heard that america is printed LARGER then the rest of the world in american editions of the atlas....

i'd like to discuss how american people think / feel about this in general...

sorry for my bad english, but i'm just a dutch guy being a bit tired and drunk right now...

yaber yaber yaber...............

To be honest America is doing rather well for a nation so powerful. Discounting nuclear warfare, America can take on the world's armies put together and still have spare. I mean so would you if you had so much power. As much as i loath the annoying Americans (my apologies but vote Mr. Bush off if u want it better) any other country would have gone on a path of imperialism by now. America is not doing badly at all.

[/QUOTE]This comes over rather weird. You are from the UK right ? Didn't the British fight with the Americans in Afghanistan.
Another example of how powerful America is from the same war on terrorism. They had to ask my country, Belgium by the way, who has an army that compares the that of the US as a peanut to a watermelon, for planes so that they could use them to patrol their own boarders. If they are soooooooooo powerful and have should have spare, why do they need our planes ?
Old 08-22-2002, 06:56 AM   #203
Moni

To keep from putting the wear and tear on their own lol.

Old 08-22-2002, 06:58 AM   #204
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
To keep from putting the wear and tear on their own lol.
Hmm, maybe. Still rather weird that Bush had to come to Europe and basically beg for their assistance.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:04 AM   #205
Moni

It makes sense from our perspective, getting nations involved that are physically closer than we are, not to mention that it keeps the U.S. from being "alone" in the attacks as it is perceived by most of the rest of the world.

Old 08-22-2002, 07:40 AM   #206
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
It makes sense from our perspective, getting nations involved that are physically closer than we are, not to mention that it keeps the U.S. from being "alone" in the attacks as it is perceived by most of the rest of the world.
No, no, no. Bush himself admitted that he needed those planes to patrol their own airspace because they were pulling so much resources into the war effort.

Hmm, come to think of it, that might also be a Bushism.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:45 AM   #207
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
quote:
No, no, no. Bush himself admitted that he needed those planes to patrol their own airspace because they were pulling so much resources into the war effort.

Hmm, come to think of it, that might also be a Bushism.
[/QUOTE]LOL It just could be! hee hee
Maybe he thought we had too many planes over Afghanistan at the time and wanted added security over the U.S.
Or maybe it was just to pull in another country so he could point fingers at others when the U.S. alone gets blamed for it all. (that would be my guess, but then it is probably well-known here that I am not a big Bush fan, unless you are referring to the band and even then, my attraction is mediocre) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2002, 09:22 AM   #208
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Time to start a new thread on this, guys...over 200 posts already! [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."