Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 02-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #181
Legolas
Jack Burton

Default Re: Antagonist's Anarchy: Magically-Deviant Mental Asylum (or OOC)

You have 200 points to spend I think, so you start with assigning attributes. They'll probably have values of around 2 and 3, depending on how you want to specialize.

A halflingesque character (stereotypically speaking) would have low Strength, decent Agility and high Luck. If they are to be roguelike, they could use high Perception, while Intelligence and Aura wouldn't hurt. As a warrior, they have more use for Endurance and a higher Strength, as a magician they'll want Intelligence and Spirituality so you assign points there. Get a mix which represents your character, and keep enough points to spare for the next fields.

Disadvantages are permanent or situational handicaps your character suffers and picking those weaknesses gets you some extra points to spend. It's fairly arbitrary, as the whole process is.

Skills are flavour for your character, a way to introduce some background and life experience gained prior to joining the adventure. Spend some points on these either to support your character's profession or as a quirky ability no one thought you had but which might miraculously get you out of a tight spot.

After that, you have to decide on your main method of killing people (assuming a pyrotechnics skill or your Aura score doesn't cover that already). If it involves using a weapon, pick some Weapon Mastery skills. If it involves using magic, pick some magic schools (of your own invention if you want).

You're probably short on points by that stage so go back and scrap some things.
Magic can also be used to support the adventure rather than slay, give that a thought too. For the warrior who wants magic-like attacks, there is the Signature Technique field. Throw in any other unique talents here as well.

Lastly, your signature attacks, special abilities and magic are going to eat up essence, so you could think about expanding your essence pool.

With your character built pretty much however you please within the points limit, don't forget to fill out the other descriptive fields which tell us how he/she looks and what past events led to them being the way they are. Oh, and assemble a modest inventory.

You'll still be short on points by the time you're done, so post the thing as is and then assume your character is cooler and more effective than what you wrote in ooc thread.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #182
Tumbling Teru
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry...still trying to figure out how this works. >_<

Anywho, Cal or Dev or whatever you call him here invited me to join, so...I'm working on getting a character together.

...really, I am. I swear. *coughs*

dear my princess ♥
Tumbling Teru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #183
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood View Post
That's fine, but how do I know how to "roll-up" a character?
Again, Leggy has the right of it. Although, I believe it's 150 for new characters. I'd have to double-check though.

Leggy especially has the right of it with "then assume your character is cooler and more effective than what you wrote in ooc thread." *cough*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbling Teru View Post
Sorry...still trying to figure out how this works. >_<

Anywho, Cal or Dev or whatever you call him here invited me to join, so...I'm working on getting a character together.

...really, I am. I swear. *coughs*
Welcome. "Cal" is what I'm known as here :p. Look forward to seeing the sheet
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #184
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

If you could post the sheet again here, I would appreciate it. Also, does it list the skills available. I'm thinking of going with a pacifist healer. It forces me to think a lot more than running in an beating everyone up.

I also don't know how to make the "spoiler" thing happen in my post.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #185
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

{spoiler} text {/spoiler}

replace "{" and "}" with "[" and "]" respectively.

---

Name:

Height:
Weight:
Build:
Skin Tone:
Hair Colour:
Eye Colour:

Level-Up Points:
Current XP: - Character Points
Spent XP: - Character Points
Total Awarded XP: - Character Points

Attributes
Str
End
Agi
Int
Per
Aur
Spr
Luck

Disadvantages
Rare: (Tier I-V)
Common:
Mild: (Tier I-V)
Major: (Tier I-V)

Skills

Magic

Sphere
Tier I:
Tier II:
Tier III:
Tier IV:
Tier V:

Weapon Mastery
Mastery:
Adept:
Acolyte:

Signature Technique
Lesser:
Greater:
Unique:

Essence Pool
Total Metre: # (5 + upgrade)
Spent/Remaining:

Inventory

Background
Appearance & Personality:
Biography:

^

And yes, yes it does list the skills. Just click the spoiler tags on the first post of this thread. (Or was it the second?)
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #186
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Did this whole thing get more confusing than when we first set up our characters? Or did i get more stupid?

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #187
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

The rules changed a lot DAM. CD 'reviewed' them *grins a bit*

Quote:
I'm thinking of going with a pacifist healer. It forces me to think a lot more than running in an beating everyone up.
Telryn has the run in and beating everyone up side of the game covered
Old 02-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #188
Tumbling Teru
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So uhm...I just post this here, yes?

Spoiler for Character:

Name: Vasili

Height: 5’ 7” (Not including hair)
Weight: 142 lbs.
Build: Curvy, slender
Skin Tone: Peachy pale
Hair Colour: Auburn
Eye Colour: Violet

Level-Up Points:
Current XP: - 3
Spent XP: - 157
Total Awarded XP: - 160

Attributes
Str: 1
End: 1
Agi: 4
Int: 3
Per: 2
Aur: 3
Spr: 3
Luck: 1

Disadvantages
Common:
Mild: Tier III: Specific Diet. Vasili will only eat raw or cooked fish, tofu, and clear or cloudy soup (no stews). She will only drink water and apple juice/cider. She will choose starvation/dehydration if none of the above is available.
Mild: Tier II: Visual Perfectionist. Vasili’s eccentric hair and makeup must be attended to every morning. She refuses to share sleeping quarters with anyone other than her personal attendant, who assists her with this daily ritual. She absolutely will not let anyone see her without her appearance attended to, believing herself to be ugly and unworthy of viewing.

Skills

Open Lock (Expert)
Persuasion (Expert)
Prestidigitation (Master)
Cooking (Master)
Pickpocket (Master)

Magic

Sphere: Fire
Fiery Blaze(short range flame attack)
Searing Torch (touch attack)
Tier III:
Tier IV:
Tier V:

Sphere: Enchantment
Hypnotism
Bewilder
Charm
Tier IV:
Tier V:

Weapon Mastery
N/A

Signature Technique
N/A

Essence Pool
Total Metre: 8 (5 + 3)
Spent/Remaining: 0/8

Spoiler for Inventory:

Clothing: Elaborate dress, night robe, capelet, miscellaneous jewelry, accessories, etc.
Cosmetic kit
Sewing kit
Bouquet of red roses
Quartz crystal pendant
Herbs and spices kit
Small collection of cooking knives
Compact mirror
Assorted lockpicks
Deck of cards
Assorted scarves and miscellaneous trinkets for minor displays of sleight of hand
Small pouch containing a few crowns, pennies, and miscellaneous gemstones

Spoiler for Background:

Appearance & Personality:

Vasili stands at an average 5’7”, with a wickedly curvaceous physique tightly bound in a heavy and elaborate corseted dress. Her fair and smooth complexion is the envy of many, and her eyes are of a pretty violet hue, always masked in ornate designs of makeup and face jewels. Auburn locks frame her face in wild curls, falling about her shoulders. Her clothing and hair leaves little more than the area around her neck exposed; despite her outrageous outfits, she always covers herself up. Conservative? Hardly. Maybe she just likes to tease…leaves more to the imagination? Sure…

Her usual expression is one of curiosity as if the most mundane happenings in the world hold much excitement for her. She pokes and prods and tugs and feels at whatever she wants to, seemingly fascinated by the little details most overlook. She has little regard for personal space, though her only pet peeve is when one attempts to mess with her hair or makeup.

Vasili doesn’t talk much, though her voice is soft and soothing, sultry and musical.

She always keeps a personal attendant at her side: a young woman perhaps a couple of years Vasili’s junior. Her name is Camilla: she is a light framed lady with fair complexion and blond ringlets. Camilla is always garbed in a maid’s uniform, though with traveling trousers and boots underneath. The woman is Vasili’s loyal servant, and usually helps her with little tasks in the kitchen and before the vanity.

Biography:

Vasili was born by accident to a recluse of a witch. The witch wasn’t particularly fond of the fact that she now had to take care of a child, but she nonetheless fulfilled her maternal duty, raising Vasili as any mother should. The girl made no friends when she was young given that she lived in the middle of a forest away from all notions of civilization, but now and again they made visits to the city to do a bit of business and offer their skills to the needy. Eventually it was time for the fledgling to fly from the nest as all children do, and one day Vasili simply upped and left, wandering away from her home.

She fell into the career as head chef at a palace of some great city, her amazing abilities in the culinary field quickly earning her appreciation among the nobles. The position was a comfortable one, and Vasili was happy there for a while. She was even assigned her own servant, something that was very convenient given Vasili’s strenuous job and need to keep up her strange appearance as a ‘witch.’

Eventually she grew bored and wandered off as she has a tendency to do, though she took Camilla with her. The two have traveled randomly ever since, offering their magical and culinary services now and again, and simply enjoying whatever entertainment they happen across next.

dear my princess ♥

Last edited by Tumbling Teru; 02-24-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #189
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I could also use the skinny on what each of the attributes do. I know most are obvious, but Aura, Luck and Spr for example are vague.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #190
Tumbling Teru
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Uhm...everything's pretty much explained in the first post of this thread. If you just take the time to sit down and read through the separate sections, it outlines it thoroughly.

Aura: Personality. Think of the 'vibe' you get from someone when you meet them. Higher aura, probably higher disposition.

Luck: ....is...luck. Higher luck? You'll probably score a better hand at a game of poker or somehow miraculously survive a drop off a cliff.

Spirit: Magical aptitude, I assume? Inherent magical aptitude. Your natural ability to control magic.

dear my princess ♥