Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2004, 02:27 AM   #1
Gor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hail!

I have really big problem with it ...
I havent read Walkthrough before (i like to make it all myslef [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and when i picked up rod - "the big Eye" didn't appear .. so while i had no idea that i have to defeat someone there i killed all, what moved and proceded to temple below .. so i gave the rod to god and got myself shield +3 ....

BUT, when i went to Eye hedquarters, they still ask if i got the rod or not.
I tried 7 times to go back and to look for this Unseeing Eye - and i failed .. i had no rod (it was taken in the temple), and i cannot finish the Quest .. and i didnt had backup of this save

Is there any possibility to fix it ? Or i have to start all over again ?
Gor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 04:38 AM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Let me ask you the standard parcel of questions:

--are you fully patched?
--have you installed the Baldurdash fixpack to your game?
(both links are found in the FAQ at the top of the main forum page)
--what mods, if any, do you have installed?

So you got the first half of the rod from the temple and the second half from the beholder lair in the Pit of the Faithless. When you picked up the second half to make the rod, the Unseeing Eye did not appear. (It's a beholder of Elder Orb status that will teleport in near the beginning part of the "stalk" where you found the second half of the rod.) The temple took the completed rod, and now Gaal and the cultists are asking for it too.

You can try telling Gaal that you don't have the rod or gave it to the temple (not sure if this is a dialogue option) and try to force the Unseeing Eye's appearance that way, but your best bet is reloading. I have a feeling you're missing a patch.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:05 AM   #3
Gor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im playing original game installed from disc, no patches applied.
No mods.

So if this Baldurdash will help - im downloading it now.

Re: problem - u got it right ... and there is no possibility to choose when im talking to Gaal, just an answer that i do not have it yet.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:21 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

If you have no patches, go download them immediately! [img]smile.gif[/img] Both the Official Bioware Patch AND the Baldurdash Fixpack. They will fix most (if not all) bugs in the game, including yours.

Links to both patches are in the top of the Shadows of Amn board, in the FAQ thread made by Dundee Slaytern. Be sure to install the official patch before the Baldurdash fixpack!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 08:23 PM   #5
Ares

It won't fix what has already been done though, only what is it come..
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 11:07 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Note for future reference: If you encounter something that looks like it may be a bug, DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR SAVED GAME! Save it under a new name if you want, but it's always best to be able to install the patches, and then play that part over again, giving the game the chance to get it right this time.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:06 AM   #7
Gor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, Patching didn't help Now i need to start all over again ... pitty.

And after patching i understood, why people prefer Imoen more, than Nalia [img]smile.gif[/img] 100% open locks is the best [img]smile.gif[/img]