Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-01-2001, 09:49 AM   #11
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Ye gods! My dad always said people needed a license to have a dog so why not to have kids. Stories like this make me think he is right. to be honest I feel sorry for the cops - whatever they do they will be pilloried. Seriously thse kids CAN@T be left in that house. There has to be a reasonable amount of evidence to arrst someone for assaulting a child. Any household with 27 viscious dogs running loose and guns freely available to the kids is a pretty unfit place to bring up a kid.

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
Old 06-01-2001, 02:57 PM   #12
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
So you would tear gas a little kid? man children must love you
Ever been tear gassed? It isn't so bad. It is a very safe and humane way to incapacitate the kids so they don't hurt themselves, or the officers entering, in the case that they are armed. The other options are to wait them out (latest report is that they have food for a month), or to go in without having incapacitited anyone, which is likely to lead to someone getting shot. When I weigh the use of tear gas on these kids vs. the potential for one of them or a law enforcement officer to be shot. The tear gas wins every time and twice on Sunday.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-01-2001, 03:03 PM   #13
Melusorick!
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
CPS went to a house to pick up 6 kids ranging from 6 to 18 because the single mother was determined to be a unfit parent but when the cops got there they found that the children not wanting to be taken to a foster home had broke out the guns and refused to be taken. Police are now in a standoff with them. I will let ya know what happens. This is the first time I have wanted to watch the news in a couple months

F**k. Keep us updated eh?

Old 06-01-2001, 06:41 PM   #14
Visceris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This makes me sick. The fascist government once again steps in where it doesn't belong. The child abuse is alleged therefore no conviction, yet they still want to take the kids away. If the kids are so abused why are they willing to stay and fight. As the term for "viscious dog" this could easily describe a wiener dog hyped up on sugar. I would like more info before I will make judgement on the family.

Old 06-01-2001, 06:46 PM   #15
Lady Nightshade
The Magister

they also say the kids are living off of swamp water & lily pads
knowing the police they'll end up shooting someone
all that testosterone, and tension, something bad will prbly happen
Old 06-01-2001, 10:30 PM   #16
Gaelic
Elminster

The kid that left indicated that there is plenty of real food available. They are short of water because their well pump failed. As for the dogs, the reports are that there are 23 or 27 (I can't remember which) large dogs on the property. Their own mother's lawyer could not get out of the car in the driveway because they came after him. This much is pretty well confirmed from what I have seen.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-02-2001, 02:20 PM   #17
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
People dont give enough respect to police. They risk there lifes for sinuations like this. And people still bad mouth them.

As for "The fascist government once again steps in where it doesn't belong." Ok,so lets take away the poilice, what do we have now?? I think you can figure that one out on your own.
Old 06-02-2001, 02:48 PM   #18
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
People dont give enough respect to police. They risk there lifes for sinuations like this. And people still bad mouth them.

As for "The fascist government once again steps in where it doesn't belong." Ok,so lets take away the poilice, what do we have now?? I think you can figure that one out on your own.
I agree with that 100%.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-02-2001, 03:23 PM   #19
Visceris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have never had any good experience with police. All the police people were wannabes that just want a reason to plug someone and are total donut-eating dicks. Sure there may be good cops, but most just want to have some reason to interfere with you life and make it hell.

This is just another example of government trying to dictate what we can and cannot do, limiting our freedom. If these kids choose not to go to a foster home then it is their business, not the police or the governemnt. They should abide by their wishes. A person rights and freedoms ends at the point it will infringe on another's rights and freedom. That is the only law we need and the only time we need police when that is violated. In this case its the police who is violating that law.

I hate the U.S. I hate police. I hate it here.
Old 06-03-2001, 01:19 AM   #20
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Visceris:
I have never had any good experience with police. All the police people were wannabes that just want a reason to plug someone and are total donut-eating dicks. Sure there may be good cops, but most just want to have some reason to interfere with you life and make it hell.

This is just another example of government trying to dictate what we can and cannot do, limiting our freedom. If these kids choose not to go to a foster home then it is their business, not the police or the governemnt. They should abide by their wishes. A person rights and freedoms ends at the point it will infringe on another's rights and freedom. That is the only law we need and the only time we need police when that is violated. In this case its the police who is violating that law.

I hate the U.S. I hate police. I hate it here.
Takes your ass to India then