Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-03-2000, 03:49 PM   #1
Asiam

I uninstalled the game using Norton Uninstall, thinking I'd start afresh, but when I try to reinstall I can't as the Setup.exe refuses, giving me an error saying the game is already installed. It is n't, nor will the W & W uninstall utility uninstall whatever it is that is lingering somewhere on my system to make W & W Setup.exe fail.

I've emailed Activision support, have been waiting for a solution, but nothing yet.

Has anyone had the same problem/know a way around it?

If you have n't had this problem, do n't uninstall the game unless you're sure you've finished with it - you could run into major agro.

Old 11-03-2000, 04:00 PM   #2
Vhans

Seems to be something left in the registry............ try to delete any topics dealing with activision before re-installing in the registry and forget those stupid uninstallers!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2000, 05:21 PM   #3
Asiam

cheers - I used a search function in Norton Utilities to list everthing saying "Activision" in the Registry &, daringly since I'm useless technically, deleted whatever looked contrary.

After I deleted something called "Deep6[something or another]" game installed at long last.

Yippee!