Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-07-2001, 04:40 PM   #1
Cohobin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is their anyway to get drow equip out of the underdark without it turning into rust? I know it should go away as soon as light hits it, but one of my friends said their was a way to get it out of the underdark and NOT have it go away on the surface... any help would be greatly app. as i would like to keep my drow plate +5 and drow elven chain +3
Old 07-07-2001, 04:49 PM   #2
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Spoiler
I've heard that you can load up one of your NPCs with the Dorw items then kick them out of the party, meet up with them later on the surface and have them rejoin and you don't lose the Drow stuff. I haven't tried it myself so save before trying!

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 07-07-2001, 07:59 PM   #3
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Or if you give yourself the items with ShadowKeeper or cluaconsole them in once you exit the underdark you keep them.

------------------
Old 07-07-2001, 08:20 PM   #4
skier9205
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:

I've heard that you can load up one of your NPCs with the Dorw items then kick them out of the party, meet up with them later on the surface and have them rejoin and you don't lose the Drow stuff. I haven't tried it myself so save before trying!

I heard this works w/ Jaheira.

------------------
"There's no such thing as the ultimate character, only a great player."
Old 07-08-2001, 09:30 AM   #5
TheDutkanator

The tip says that drow equipment disintigrates when it hits sunlight right? They should've made the equip the same way they did vampires. You should be able to take the equip out of the underdark during nighttime and use it, but lose it at daytime unless you put it in your backpack or a bag of holding. That SUX! I tried putting it in my bag of holding and then coming up to the surface at night, but it didn't work. WHY!!!??!! It WAS protected from daylight right?

As far as real AD&D, drow equipment doesn't disintigrate on contact with daylight. It DOES lose its potency over time the longer it's kept from its origin (underdark) because it feeds off the magical energies exclusive to that area. It will eventually break if left on the surface too long no matter how well protected from sunlight. A bag of holding however.....
A bag of holding is actually like a trans-dimensional portal. It opens up a "pocket" in another dimension where you can store things. All magic should be preserved here and therefore, the drow equipment SHOULD be safe forever.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 07-08-2001, 03:42 PM   #6
Cohobin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes, that is true, but also remember that in 2nd edition ad&d, bag's of holding can be ripped by putting an un-sheathed weapon in them... which apparently is not the case for this game... i put all my swords and crap in their and everything is there when they get out... i guess they felt they needed to "bend the rules" while making the game to make it more fun or something... beats me..