Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-17-2000, 11:26 AM   #1
paladino

i'm a paladin, and after fighting the ogres in the windspear hills, garren approaches me and i follow him to his house, as i walk in to the house i notice garren's daughter is there, and she starts bullshitting me about how she remebers stories about paldins and trials and shit, and how i shouldn't worry and stuff, and then i rest and when i wake up she goes hostile, and i don't attack her, instead i talk to the dwarf, jum, and the bandits come in and take the bitch, and then i kill them and the game goes into this movie bit thing (y'know, no bars, no control of your characters) and nothing happens, and i have to quit, and this keeps happening to me, even after reloading from earlier saves and stuff.

btw, i've already played through the game as a fighter and this didn't happen.

WTF is going on??????

Old 12-17-2000, 01:40 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Garren's child start attacking?? That's something new.....this has never happened to me when I played as a paladin but I have heard that paladins are one of the buggiest class in the game. When you say the movie sequence (which either initiates Garren's entrance or Jum giving you the challange note), I guess Garren "did not" show up? Try reloading from the last save before you enter the Windspear Hill region (not just before you go into Garren's house), and if you have done this already......then try the patch.
Old 12-18-2000, 05:39 AM   #3
paladino

i tried the patch, nothing's changed, what the ■■■■ is going on??????????????