Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2001, 03:54 PM   #1
Mel
The Magister

How good is BG2? Should I buy it? I really enjoyed Baldur's Gate and what I really want to know is how BG2 compares.
Thanks in advance
Old 07-08-2001, 04:52 PM   #2
cfc3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I actually think it is better than BG1. Its much more complex in terms of what you can do, how you can do it and with whom!
I would go get a cap remover after buying it!
Old 07-08-2001, 05:37 PM   #3
Istaron
Banned User

No cap-removers are for loosers. Don't cheat, aint no fun left then!

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 07-08-2001, 05:42 PM   #4
jabidas
Silver Dragon

As a player I cannot but say that if you like bg1 you should without a doubt own bg2, in every way it has moved the standards for RPG games higher and the only thing bg1 has over it is it feels more innocent for want of a better word.

------------------
Old 07-08-2001, 06:15 PM   #5
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Removing the XP cap isn't cheating, it's a matter of personal opinion. If you kill something then you have EARNED the XP. It's not like you're stealing it or adding it by artificial means outside of the game. Imagine soloing the game, you could probably hit the XP cap before chapter 4, hence no progression for the rest of the game.............boring or what? The XP cap is set too low, it's as simple as that. No one says the game has to have 6 party members and the cap is easily reached even with a full party. If you want to remove the cap then remove it, the important thing is to enjoy the game in the fashion that you want to play it. Believe me, the game is still challenging even after passing the cap limit.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-09-2001, 02:43 PM   #6
Mel
The Magister

Right, looks like I'll be getting it as soon as my local PC World gets it in. I was going to get it the other day but I got there just as someone bought the last one!