Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-23-2003, 09:04 AM   #1
Melusine
Dracolisk

Some months ago I installed Dark Side Of The Sword Coast (bear with me for a while before you start complaining this is in the wrong forum... it's about something else). I played a few hours, but I'd already played BG1 so many times I didn't have the patience for it. So because I haven't got toomuch HD space I deleted the whole thing to install a different game.
Now, it's been ages since I played any of the BG games, and I really wanted to play through BG1 with DSOTSC. But it seems the only available place to download it is Fileplanet. I've been trying to reach that site, but it doesn't load. I've also heard there are loads of problems downloading from Fileplanet.
Does anyone know if it's really down or if it's a problem on my side? Or maybe if there is ANY other place where you can download DSOTSC?
Thanks for any help.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:25 AM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Last week I could have emailed it across, but I just moved house and some of my CDs walked Ill try and download it again anyway, I need it for myself. There is no other place to download it from though, teambg mods are fileplanet only.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:26 AM   #3
philip
Galvatron

on the official dsotsc site it only lists fileplanet as dl location. fileplanet doesn't load for me too
Old 01-23-2003, 09:27 AM   #4
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I just used file planet the other day to DL The Darkest Day. After a week of trying I broke down and gave them the 6 bucks for the fast servers. If you have the WinMX file shareing program I could DL it for you and send it to you that way.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:28 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Last week I could have emailed it across, but I just moved house and some of my CDs walked Ill try and download it again anyway, I need it for myself. There is no other place to download it from though, teambg mods are fileplanet only.
[img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] Why oh why didn't I ask last week?!?

Anyway, thanks for the info - I already feared that was the case...
Can't remember having downloaded it from FP before though - I think I found it on the old TeamBG site, but maybe they couldn't handle the amount of downloads.
Could you let me know if you find Fileplanet available again? Thanks!!

[ 01-23-2003, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 01-23-2003, 09:52 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
I just used file planet the other day to DL The Darkest Day. After a week of trying I broke down and gave them the 6 bucks for the fast servers. If you have the WinMX file shareing program I could DL it for you and send it to you that way.
Thanks Hunter, that's nice of you to offer.
I found someone who has DSOTSC on his PC already and he's trying to send it through MSN... if that doesn't work out it'd be great if you could send it through WinMX. Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2003, 10:25 AM   #7
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

no problem. I look at it kind of like going up to a buffet. I paid my $6 and now I want to make them lose money on me
Old 01-23-2003, 10:29 AM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

DSOTSC? Is that the same as Tales of the Sword Coast?
Old 01-23-2003, 10:29 AM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

ROFL!! It's like All-you-can-eat Spare Ribs for 10 bucks... you're gonna bloody well eat until you burst

Anyway, I think I got it now, but thanks anyway!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

edit for sig

[ 01-23-2003, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 01-23-2003, 10:32 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
DSOTSC? Is that the same as Tales of the Sword Coast?
No, it's not. Downloading free versions of official games is illegal, remember?