Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2002, 08:49 PM   #21
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Alex...where are you? You are sadly mistaken if you think that you can escape from us... [img]smile.gif[/img] I have a confession to make to you... if it wasn't for your kindness in helping people in general, I and many others here would be "lesser" individuals! Now, stand front and square ....
You have been promoted to Wizard in the "Peace Keeping Force"....
Don't hurt anybody with your new spells.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
We will wait for your return!
Ride Brother!
Old 02-06-2002, 08:55 PM   #22
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:

WTF is up with this Yorick? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Neb was just trying to be helpful and stop you waiting around for an answer that may never come. And instead for his trouble he pretty much gets told to shut the hell up. Shit if thats what you get for trying to be nice around here....

Perhaps Yorick had a point to make, work it out for yourself
Old 02-06-2002, 09:05 PM   #23
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:

Perhaps Yorick had a point to make, work it out for yourself

It does not make it a reason to be discourteous to someone else.

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: AzureWolf ]

Old 02-06-2002, 09:10 PM   #24
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:

I agree. Whatever our feelings are about fellow members, we need to treat each other with respect. (Ugh, I feel like I'm triple-quoting myself sometimes!) *sigh*

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-06-2002, 09:16 PM   #25
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

I agree. Whatever our feelings are about fellow members, we need to treat each other with respect. (Ugh, I feel like I'm triple-quoting myself sometimes!) *sigh*

Cheer up Saz you just made your way through a questionnare of corny jokes so that has to count for something! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2002, 09:30 PM   #26
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:

Cheer up Saz you just made your way through a questionnare of corny jokes so that has to count for something! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

LOL you noticed, huh?

Thanks, my friend...sometimes you just gotta do something crazy or else you go insane! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-06-2002, 09:37 PM   #27
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

LOL you noticed, huh?

Thanks, my friend...sometimes you just gotta do something crazy or else you go insane! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

-Saz

I hear you there.

Well back on a serious note I am off to see if I can raise my Pancake Factor!

Old 02-06-2002, 09:46 PM   #28
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:

WTF is up with this Yorick? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Neb was just trying to be helpful and stop you waiting around for an answer that may never come. And instead for his trouble he pretty much gets told to shut the hell up. Shit if thats what you get for trying to be nice around here....

I don't see that I was being discourteous. How do you believe I should have worded my post? I don't see any insult or name calling, nor any disrespect. I clarified what must have Neb missed in my first post - namely that I was not asking anyone else where Alex was, I was leaving a longer term note that I think he's a great guy (which I do) and regret his departure.

As The Earl of Intoxication pointed out, perhaps I was also making a point between the lines.

However I don't see how this is any of your business Azure. If Neb has a problem with my post he's quite able to speak for himself - which he already has. I have subsequently given him a smiling reply.

Matter closed.

If I didn't know better I'd start to think you had personal issues with me Azure. But we've known each other for too long for that to be the case haven't we.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-07-2002, 03:16 AM   #29
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

I don't see that I was being discourteous. How do you believe I should have worded my post?

If I didn't know better I'd start to think you had personal issues with me Azure. But we've known each other for too long for that to be the case haven't we.

You could have said something along the lines of "Neb thanks for helping but thats not exactly what the threads for. I just made the thread to say hi to Arledrian and hope that he will reply I didnt want to know where he was but thanks anyway."

And no I dont have personal issues with you [img]smile.gif[/img]
I would have taken that up with anyone since IMO it seems rather discourteous.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:43 AM   #30
Sorcerer Alex

Hello everyone [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, I have been rather busy the past two weeks (rushed off my feet with exams) but I have wanted to keep a low profile around here lately. I've just been having a few problems recently and thought it best to give Ironworks a break. But several people have managed to talk some sense into me, which I am glad for as I tend to get over-sensitive sometimes and am thus wont to overreact. But I am starting to feel better again, so it looks like we'll be seeing more of each other from now on.

I want to thank everyone for their kind words. You have shown yourselves to be true friends. I am thankful to know such wonderful people and appreciate the support you have given me - not just in this instance, but all throughout my time here. I have missed this place.