Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-09-2002, 02:52 PM   #31
Lavindathar
Harper

Axil, why are you picking pieces here?

You are finding faults so that an argument will errupt, at least Istaron starts his "debates" for humour.

So rapists, murderers and peado's might not be evil in your opinion, they might not be good either in your opinion, but how about you keep these to yourself and don't post them. It cud offend a lot of people.

Old 01-09-2002, 03:06 PM   #32
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
To answer one of Avatar's original questions - the Bible calls homosexuality an abomination (King James Version). God created Eve to be a companion to Adam. It was His will that a man "cleave" to a woman, and vice versa.

The term "abomination" is some of the strongest language used in the Bible when talking about a specific sin. It doesn't leave any grey area in God's eyes.

Unfortunately, the use of such strong language has led many Christians to interpret the Bible as meaning that it is OK to persecute homosexuals, which it is NOT. God considers homosexuality to be a sin - but is no greater or lesser than any other sin mentioned in the Bible.

Can a homosexual go to Heaven when they die? Absolutely...if they accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour. Their final reward will be no different than that of any other Christian.

As for the question of whether or not society should do more to accept homosexuality....I personally don't think so. I firmly believe that we should "live and let live" (as others have stated), but I also agree with Magik's assertion that there should be "no special rights or protections for or against" homosexuals.

This is the same Book that says "Turn the Other Cheek" and then "An Eye for an Eye". The Bible is FULL of contradictions.

I have no problem with a person being Gay.. no biggie to me.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-09-2002, 03:06 PM   #33
Axil
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
[QB]

What are you talking about? I said we aren't higher developed[QB]

I've never seen a monkey build scyscrapes or atomic bombs have you?

And MagiK, do you really think we should live according to a book that was written by a couple of monks many hundred years ago (and mis-interpreted as many times as it has been translated..)?
You write;
"There should be no special perks for being homosexual, nor should they be given the benefits of a married couple..."
Now that is a major contradiction to start with, and if they shouldn't be able to marry because they can't get children, then you shouldn't allow about 30% of the heterosexual people that marry today to get married..(because not all have children)
And they could get children! They could adopt a child and give it care and love that most heterosexuals couldn't give..
And I'm not saying you aren't allowed to judge, I'm just saying, too quote the brilliant book ( ), the bible;
"May he who is without sin, cast the first stone".
And last, I did not intend to "lash at you" MagiK, I'm sorry if you got offended, that was not my intent [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Axil ]

Old 01-09-2002, 03:12 PM   #34
Sorcerer Alex

I can't say that I am entirely happy with the concept of homosexuality. What if everyone on the planet only felt attracted to their own sex? But, inevitably, people will do whatever they wish to do, and if they want to sleep with someone of their own gender, let them, there is nothing we can do about it, whether I or anyone else condemns their behaviour or not. Human beings are selfish to an extent and will do whatever makes them happy. This obviously does not solely include homosexuals.

Istaron's arguments, though somewhat blunt and ineloquent, do hold validicy. Homosexuality is against nature's way, and it is condemned by every religion.

But despite the aforementioned, I do not discriminate against homosexuals, or anyone else for that matter. I have two gay friends, in fact. I accept what they feel, and respect them, as I would anyone, as the human beings they are.

Just my thoughts.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Arledrian ]

Old 01-09-2002, 03:12 PM   #35
Axil
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Axil, why are you picking pieces here?

You are finding faults so that an argument will errupt, at least Istaron starts his "debates" for humour.

So rapists, murderers and peado's might not be evil in your opinion, they might not be good either in your opinion, but how about you keep these to yourself and don't post them. It cud offend a lot of people.

If you would please point out the humour in Istaron's posts, I would really appreciate it..

I'm sorry if I offended anyone by saying that I don't think any human is evil..
Old 01-09-2002, 03:12 PM   #36
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just a warning-- Keep this nice people, and NO personal attacks, or attacks on peoples views.

Play nice now..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-09-2002, 03:15 PM   #37
Axil
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
What if everyone on the planet only felt attracted to their own sex?

Yes, it probarbly would be better if we all looked the same, talked the same, and thought the same..
It would certainly make discussions like this impossible..
Old 01-09-2002, 03:17 PM   #38
MagiK

Axil, im not asking you to believe in the bible nor am I saying it is a perfect example for humanity, HOWVER, it is also very silly to think there is nothing of worth in the Bible, this book wasnt written by a couple of monks...the writers are as diverse a group of people as you could find, you have everything from Kings to sheepheards writing parts of this book, and in general there are some very outstanding examples to be found in the Bible..I agree with Z when he says the bible is rather contradictory in places, then again, some times if you read a little more in depth you find out that it only appears contradictory and if you read deeper you find the diferentiuation that makes more sense.

I refered to the old biblical prohibition about judging people.."Judge not lest ye be Judged" This is one of the most frequently misused phrases I have personally seen in real life, this Passage when read in its entirety does not say DO NOT Judge, it says that if you judge you shall also be judged, so you better keep your judgement honest and accurate, it is also more aligned with spiritual judgement and not secular judgement so in the end, what I am saying
when you take the Bible, and say it is a useless book written by celebate monks you are throwing the baby out with the bath water....

I hope you understnad that reference...it means throwing out the valuable because it is mixed in with the useless...

All in all I think the Bible isnt too bad a work considering the level of education for the times, and the fact that it was written for illiterate and simple folk.

And you still didnt explain why you had to be so vitriolic in your response, I mean can't we just have a calm discussion without getting all rabid?

Old 01-09-2002, 03:19 PM   #39
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Axil:

Yes, it probarbly would be better if we all looked the same, talked the same, and thought the same..
It would certainly make discussions like this impossible..

There would be no danger of discontinuity of the human race if we all had blue eyes, for example. There would be if we were all homosexual.

Next, please

Old 01-09-2002, 03:37 PM   #40
Axil
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:

There would be no danger of discontinuity of the human race if we all had blue eyes, for example. There would be if we were all homosexual.

Next, please

But it's not realistic that everyone would all of a sudden turn gay, and it will never happen, so I don't think it is very relevant..

MagiK, I admit that it might not have been old monks that wrote the bible, but nobody knows who wrote the bible, only who they SAY wrote the bible..
And it is a fact that the bible has been re-written, and added on with text, in purely political interests..
All in all, I don't think the bible is a trust-worhty reference..
And I won't explain why I'm being vitriolic, because I don't think I am, if you think so, please accept my apologies (again) for that is not my intent!