Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-09-2002, 02:02 PM   #21
Axil
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
Since no one else has dared to say it (I can't be alone understanding this), I will!

Homosexuallity is a sin; not against some god that exist only inside peoples head, but to mankind and even nature herself.

Since I am good at subjects as biology, I can state that the meaning of life is as simple as spreading your genes (doing nasty that is [img]smile.gif[/img] , secure the survival of your species.
To do that, it takes a male , and a female. A | and a 0.
| + | wont do it. Neither will 0 + 0.
Since no genes can be spread with those combinations, the meaning of life will be lost; their life becomes meaningless. Something life is too complex for to be allowed to be.

About socity: I think homosexuals should be dealt with in some way. Since it isn't natural, it must be some kind of decease, illnes or something like that. Homosexual people should get help, like people that are addicted to drugs are.

My two cents

Oh dear, I'm trying to restrain myself here..
First of all, who are you to say what the meaning of life is (and trust me, being good at biology isn't gonna do it )?
And who are you to tell other people how they should live?
Don't you think that, since human is beyond the everyday mammal emotionally and developement-vise, the meaning of our lifeis to live as best as we can, and try to contribute into making this world good for everyone that lives here, including homosexuals?
The words you have written could have been picked right out of some book from the 15th century..
Grow up..
And you've probarbly written this to 'cause an arguement anyway..
Old 01-09-2002, 02:05 PM   #22
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Axil:

Do you feel as strongly as this, about single parents?

I think "planning" to be a single parent is wrong, I think that it is in the childs best interests to belong to a 2 parent (1 male 1 female) family. If there were a shortage of two parent families wanting adoption then I would say a child so go to a loving single parent versus staying in an orphanage. However the waiting list for married couples is years long so I dont think right now there is any shortage of couples waiting to adopt. I personally would love to raise another child since my divorce has me seperated from my bio-children by 200 miles or so, but single men arent allowed to adopt children and I think that is for the best.

Old 01-09-2002, 02:10 PM   #23
Lavindathar
Harper

I agree with you Axil, but I agree with Istaron also.

He does take the unconventional aproach, but alot of the time, that is the way I see things from.

And he has got the meaning of life sussed as far as I can see. Every species in the world creates offspring. It is every species aim to keep their species alive, to maintain survival.

The bible say's it is a sin doesn't it? Adding to the point of what Istaron says about the meaning of life, and how God created it. (BTW - IM NOT VERY RELIGIOUS)

But, I think if homosexual's want to be then they it is only because it is natural to them. Everyone is different.

And Axil, in response to your point, Istaron probably did post it to cause an argument. But he never posts lies, always true opinions. So you can't fault him for that.
Old 01-09-2002, 02:10 PM   #24
MagiK

quote:

First of all, who are you to say what the meaning of life is (and trust me, being good at biology isn't gonna do it )?
Don't you think that, since human is beyond the everyday mammal emotionally and developement-vise, the meaning of our lifeis to live as best as we can, and try to contribute into making this world good for everyone that lives here, including homosexuals?
The words you have written could have been picked right out of some book from the 15th century..
Grow up..

Got to be careful asking these kinds of Questions Axil, to a point I agree with your reaction to that post, however it is a mistake to think no one should judge anyone else. The popular biblical prohibition about judging others refers to spiritual judgements but man is REQUIRED to make judgements on others, we judge pedofiles as evil, we judge murderers as bad, we judge rapists as evil..and so we should, we are each responsible to make judgements about others and to take action when we see an evil....thats what seperates us each from other societies..each society has its own rules for judgement.

I have as much right to judge anothers actions as anyone else does, I think one of the most apropos quotes goes something like this....

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

And I apologize as I realized my last three posts have really all been off topic

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 01-09-2002, 02:21 PM   #25
Istaron
Banned User

quote:

Grow up..

I stand behind every word of what I have written. I know people will get angry, but this is my oppinion, and it has the same right to be wiewed by other people as the others of this forum.

Since the strongest drive most humans and probally all animals have is the sexual, which soley purpose is for mating, I do strongly belive that spreading your genes is the meaning of life.

And I don't buy that humans should be emotional more developed than other animals. We have just been developed in a different way than the others.
And that is that
Old 01-09-2002, 02:25 PM   #26
Istaron
Banned User

And about me posting this to star an argument. I prefer to call it a debate [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2002, 02:27 PM   #27
Axil
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I
And Axil, in response to your point, Istaron probably did post it to cause an argument. But he never posts lies, always true opinions. So you can't fault him for that.

How would you know?

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

The popular biblical prohibition

Let me ask you, have you ever had sex before marriage?
If you are an adult, you probarbly have..
Have you ever felt lust?
I'm sure you have..
So please, don't talk about sin according to the bible.

quote:

we judge pedofiles as evil, we judge murderers as bad, we judge rapists as evil..QB]

I don't judge them as evil, please speak for yourself..

quote:
[QB]

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Oh so you should be evil to all these people to make sure evil doesn't prevail, oh yeah
Old 01-09-2002, 02:29 PM   #28
Axil
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:

And I don't buy that humans should be emotional more developed than other animals. We have just been developed in a different way than the others.

Oh, so we aren't different just not the same
Think about what you say
Old 01-09-2002, 02:45 PM   #29
MagiK

Axil? why the heck did you go off on me? As for the customary we I was useing the word "WE" in a general sense, just because you may find pedofiles all wonderful and lovely doesnt mean "WE" as a society agree with you...so if you do not understand common references please explain that you are not literate in a particular language and Ill try to explain myself in more depth. As for quoting the bible, you obviously took all of that out of context too...

You make assumptions about my virtue or lack there of and assume it is fact...bad bad bad Axil.

No human is without sin I will grant you that, that does not mean we are unfit to judge. We are required to judge others each and every day of our lives as adults.. and we (used in a general sense not specificly you and I) are bound by the same rules. Were I in a Jury and required to pass a judgement about someone on a speeding ticket, I would say guilty even though I may also have been guilty of the same crime from time to time...It is not required of a person to be spotless and sinless in order to pass judgement on others. You may not like it but you are the one who shows ignorance of the real world if you believe otherwise.

At any rate I think your diatribe at me was totaly uncalled for. but that is just an opinion and really doesnt count for anything anyhoo [img]smile.gif[/img] I will sleep the sleep of the innocents tonight as I do every night knowing I left the world with a positive tilt on my karmic scale [img]smile.gif[/img] For each night I do leave the world a better place than when I left it (even if it means I have to pick up my neighbors litter)

As for homosexuality, its a choice, a life style and would be far better tolerated if not paraded and forced upon people who didnt want to see it. There should be no special perks for being homosexual, nor should they be given the benefits of a married couple...those benefits were emplaced to encourage family growth and increase population, in the long run, the government of most nations favor heterosexual nuclear families because all in all that is where the most stable growth and stable society is formed. Thats not an absolute...but a generalisation that is true only in MOST cases but not all.

Hmm did I leave anything out?? Oh yeah...how come you lashed out at me Axil? Just seemed to me to be very surprising...

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 01-09-2002, 02:46 PM   #30
Istaron
Banned User

quote:

Oh, so we aren't different just not the same
Think about what you say

What are you talking about? I said we aren't higher developed, just developed in another way.