Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2001, 03:01 PM   #191
Neb
Account deleted by Request

"So, how far is it to wherever it is we are going?" Kivan asked LS, "I can't wait to slice up a few foes with my Vorpal Blade"

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
Old 09-19-2001, 11:47 PM   #192
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Liliara grips her gear tighter and runs. The dragon's torrential anger exploding behind them. After a short distance she loses the sound of the light pitter-patter of Skye's feet. She turns to see what could have become of the fun loving elf, and sees a flash of her hair falling into what appears to be a hole of some sort. She turns to go back only to be greeted by a pillar of flames by the irate dragon. "Damn that girl!" she thinks, "at least she's safe from scale face" She considers going after her anyway, but her melting boots, and singed hair keep her from this task. If only that cursed dragon would come to the ground! She notes her surroundings to relay to Shade once they are safe to arrange a rescue.

What a fine mess this is!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 09-21-2001, 02:37 AM   #193
Grinch
The Magister

Ash gives one last buffing to his red dragon plate and follows Lord Shield's avatar out of the bar.His back pack is equipped with the usual necesseties,mace of disruption,stakes,torches,holy water,healing potions,oils of fiery burning. He hefts Carsomyr,check for his ring of gaxx,and makes sure he has a spray can of drow repellant.

OOC: 'Bout time we got movin' again..

------------------
Grinch
Old 09-21-2001, 03:04 PM   #194
Lord Shield

After a while, LS' party sees a strange sight in the distance. A ship - but metallic. Also it does not appear to rest on the waterThis appears to be an artifical coast

There are 2 humanoid droids and one metallic dog guarding the ship itself

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 09-21-2001, 06:11 PM   #195
Encard
Quintesson

Encard makes a mental list of all the water- and lightning-related spells he has memorized, and prepares his various wands.

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1:
Old 09-21-2001, 07:40 PM   #196
Tancred
White Dragon

There is a sound.

Not a loud sound, not right away - but it grows in volume, becoming more and more powerful; not an identifyable sound, but a blast across the sonic spectrum - resonating up and down the planes of existence.

Atop the red landscape, a lightning bolt - pure black light, the very embodiment of darkness - strikes the ground, but it doesn't disappear. It stays, blasting into the scorched earth again and again, forcing energy from the sky to the ground in a tortured arc.

Suddenly, the lightning bolt expands - or rips open? - and a shimmering ball of glowing blue fire shoots from it, spiralling across the hillside around the lightning bolt like a crazed top. It spins around, faster and faster, coming closer and closer to the centre of the lightning bolt once more as it orbits the dark energy.

Finally, it touches the bolt once more - and a terrific explosion sounds out across the blood-red heavens, sending the force hurtling back to the sky, boiling away the very atmosphere, leaving nothing but a smoking crater in place of the hill that once stood there.

The globe flickers, sparks, and detonates.

Earth and dust fountain across the land as the lip of the crater is blasted away. A cloud of rock - heated to gaseous form - rises towards the sky as the ground itself seems to scream at the torture it suffers. Fire leaps around, the blue lambency scorching the dark grass for several hundred feet.

Slowly it dies down... to reveal a man.

"AWWWWWWWWWW-RIGHT!" Karnas Thoth, Red Wizard, Invoker Extroadinaire and General Scumbag looks down at his body. No longer are there the shiny curves of plate armour; instead, he now wears a rather fetching red robe and accompanying brocaded clothing. The fact that he is still in the body of Tancred Foesmite, Cavalier Adventurer and one-time guardian of Karnas' soul can almost be ignored.
"You know, I never realised how good I looked in red." Tancred, imprisoned in the glowing holy sword that once held the soul of the evil mage, has finally grown accustomed to life as a sword - even if he remains frustrated at the accident that has caused both Karnas and he some irritation.
"It just goes to show, Holy-Boy, that I've still got it. And to think I always ridiculed Tenser's Thankfully Instant Fresh Clothing Creator as a useless spell!"
"Indeed... um, Karnas, where are we?"
"What do you mean, where are we? (Wow, I look great...) We're in your room at the bar. I went here to work on our little problem... let's get a look in the mirror - where's the mirror? Where's... um... where... yes, where are we?"
Tancred can do naught but shudder in his scabbard - the sword equivalent of a shake of the head.
Karnas takes a deep sniff.
"Hmm... a lot of energy on this plane. Could be the highly unusual clothes spell had some kind of odd effect... yikes, what HAS happened here?" Karnas looks thoughtfully at the crater, and the ruined sky above.
Tancred pipes up. "I've never heard of you doing anything THIS destructive before."
Karnas muses. Well, I CAN'T... but I'm not telling YOU that. "Well, yes, just as well for everyone else. Damn it, I thought this place was strange. It's taken us waaaay out of the bar - er, unless we're standing where the Bar WAS, in which case I'm damn impressed with myself."
"Well... perhaps we should go back? There's bound to be some quest starting up."
"HAH! ME? QUEST? Quest around like some penniless, smelly adventurer? Pah! I'm a Red Wizard! I have a far highher calling - the eventual creation of the chaos that will allow the Zulkirs to take supreme power of Faerun! Besides..."
"Yes?"
"I don't know which way to go."

The mage and the paladin-sword stare at the wounded sky for a few minutes. Then, with a resigned shrug, Karnas Thoth starts trudging up and out of the cratetr, heading... who knows where? With magic burning in his head for the first time in centuries.

OOC: I'm BACK!
Old 09-23-2001, 08:08 AM   #197
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

OOC: Adventures... large of power, small of speed. Rather thasn fight the good/nuetral/morally inept fight they have instead decided to... (duh duh derrrr) sit around in the bar all day while evil counts dots on the celing.

*grinds teeth*
Old 09-23-2001, 08:53 AM   #198
Lord Shield

np, Ace, usually less responses at a weekend anyway

The Bar is nothing more than an entrance, like a Bag of Holding - I can create a new one anytime. However, LS and co are en route to Lord Muro and at the Cyber-Docks

Fortuna and Melusine are gone ~whistles innocently~ and Lilliara and co are after the sword

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 09-23-2001, 05:36 PM   #199
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- What the-?! is this thread turnin up screwy for anyone else besides me? i would advise LS to start a new thread... ^_^;;
Um, nevermind, its working for me now... -_-;; stupid computer... *starts to bash screen in, but forcibly stops herself* but still, LS, mind starting a new thread? maybe it wont do that again if the thread is shorter... thanx.

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
Princess of Blondeness, second only to Aerie, who is Queen of Blondeness.
Entertainer/idiot and Elven bard at the Bar.
My Website!

[This message has been edited by Skydracgrrl (edited 09-23-2001).]
Old 09-23-2001, 05:49 PM   #200
Lord Shield

OOC: Screwy? Not for me - if you're having trouble can you let me know exactly what it is (even if e-mail, though Totalise is down again)

hopefully it's not a permanent effect

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness