Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 04:53 PM   #1
Lone Cub
Welcomed New User

Mad

Hello to everyone out there. I have looked into the CEP mod and would really like to get involved in the online play. However, I have tried to download the CEP mod several times and still can not get this to work. I feel like I am a little kid or something. Even though I am 30 something. What in the world am I missing? Could someone please explain this to me as if I was 10 years old, I think I would get it then. Maybe.. Hehe. I would be greatful for the help.
Lone Cub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:56 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Alright. Go to nwvault and download the .exe version of the cep.
Run the application.

Alternatively, download another of the versions and put any .erf files in the erf folder, the hak files in the hak folder, the tlk files in the tlk folder and the .mod files in the modules folder. Easy as that.

Or, as the CEP documentation puts it:
Quote:
Installing the CEP Contents

You must install the CEP onto your machine before using a module that requires
the CEP. The simplest way to do this is to download the main CEP installer:

o cepv150.exe

This file is a self-installing executable and will install the latest version of the CEP
plus this document, a readme file, and links to the CEP website. That is all you
need to do. Now load up that module and away you go.

Some people prefer not to use an installer - we also have you covered. This approach assumes you are familiar with installing hak paks for your game. If you are not familiar with this process, we recommend the automatic installer instead.

1. Download one of the CEP haks:
o cepv150_man.zip (manual install, zip format), or
o cepv150_man.rar (manual install, rar format)
Note: you only need the ZIP or RAR version, not both.

2. Unzip or Unrar the download files (make sure you check the option to
maintain the directory structure when uncompressing) and place the hak
paks into your NWN/hak folder:
cep1patch150.hak
cep1patch.hak
cep2da.hak*
cepanatomy.hak
cepbaseitem.hak
cepcreature.hak
cepplace.hak
cepportrait.hak
ceptexture.hak

* Note that there are three versions of cep2da.hak in this download file,
each in a separate subdirectory. Choose the one that corresponds to your version of NWN.

3. Place the talk table
cep.tlk
into your NWN/tlk folder. If you don’t have a tlk folder (some vanilla installations may not), create one and put cep.tlk into it.

4. Place the CEP Open Day.mod and CEP Starter Module.mod modules in
your NWN/modules folder.

That is all you need to do. Now load up that module and away you go.
Note that the above is for the 1.50 version rather than the 1.51 version, the latter may include another .hak file as well as a new .mod. I have no idea, myself.

Once you have the CEP installed thusly, you can play on CEP-using servers. To use the CEP additions in your toolset, you need to add the custom content to the module by hand. The easiest approach is really to build your module from a copy of one of the CEP modules you got (delete all the areas and conversations and add your own).
Alternatively, you can add the CEP under the module properties' Custom Content tab, but it's not needed for getting 'involved in the online play' so I'll refrain.

One problem may arise if you try to join a server running a CEP module of the wrong version. I don't think that is a problem when your CEP version is higher than the other though, so with 1.51 you should be fine.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:38 AM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

The 1.51 version works the same as the 1.50. Just download it - I put it in the hak file - and when it is succesfully done so just click it on. It will automatically do what it needs to do.

And Lone Cub, welcome to the best forum on the net.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:13 PM   #4
Lone Cub
Welcomed New User

I will give this a try and with a little luck I should be up and able to play online. Thanks for the help, I am most greatfull.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:11 PM   #5
Lone Cub
Welcomed New User

Alright, I have CEP instaled. However It says that I need a newer toolset. Someone please help with this. I have version 1.51. Any thoughts? Thanks
Old 02-23-2005, 06:22 AM   #6
andrewas
Harper

NWN is presently at version 1.65. Run the udpater and get the patch. If your on dialup, it may be wiser to download the patch directly from the bioware website, using a proper download managed like getright.