Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-26-2005, 01:44 AM   #21
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm in the same boat (having just wasted the last three hours [img]smile.gif[/img] ). The interface is quirky, and I'm getting tired of spinning around so I can hit things. The traps took me a bit to figure out, but not too much. Now that I know the secret, it's easy I wish the map feature and gamma were working in the game -- I'm getting lost, and it's awfully dark.

That being said, my fighter is turning into a behemoth! He's already level 5 (or is it 7?), and he's picking up speed fast. It's important to check him out every so often... one time, I went in and had over 18000 points to apply to skills

That said, disarm trap and examine trap are useful, as is skill in your chosen weapon. I am finding game play to be enjoyable, perhaps because it is so much like W&W.

One thing that's *really* annoying... I can't seem to figure out how to switch from magic casting back to my sword. It wasn't bad when I was casting magic missiles, but when I went to fireballs... That hurt!

Wyv, does Z have the forum ready to go? I think that the demo serves as a really good launch point...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 05:45 AM   #22
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yep! I will open it tomorrow maybe [img]smile.gif[/img] Demo seems to be really like W&W. Haven't played but an hour, but I do like it so far!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 06:11 AM   #23
the mighty stamar

its takes a while to get used to the interface.

but i like it a lot actually. im in the sewers now
an automap would be important because im getting lost and back tracking a lot

you need to press q to get back to swording or arrows

communication with npcs is really old school interface like wizards and warriors
even the pre patch wizards and warriors where u cant get them to shut up and have to listen to them finish

[ 03-26-2005, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 08:31 AM   #24
jsalsb
Elminster

UUUGH! can't get it to work! Finally got (what I think is) the complete download from 3dgamers. It says the file size is supposed to be 312M, and 312M is what I got. The install runs fine, but then it crashes at start-up each and every time!!

I Really really hope it's not my system! I'm on a new laptop, so not too upgradable! way back when, I built a new computer just to play W&W and W8. I don't want to have to do that again for this game too!
Old 03-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #25
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

HUrrah on the DL forum going live soon!!!

I did manage to get the game installed and played for a brief time.

Anyone find a file to print out for the commands??

I tried to do print screen with no success.

Spent time trying to make the keyboard work the way I would like it to work. I really dislike the use of the mouse so far which is why I have been trying to reset the keyboard.
The view keeps changing perspectives on me which is most annoying. I'm sure I didn't give it commands to look up or move the view to above yet there it has gone once again. Finally set the "5" to be "center view".

Reset the gamma for the game I had started but it didn't seem to "take". Will see if a new game accepts the changes or not. Dungeon last night was much to dark.

Is there a LIGHT spell?? or even a torch??

Personally, I think it isn't a good idea to start a game out at night time (game night, not my night). Players are going to be struggling to learn the interface as it is, they don't need the added difficulty of not being able to see 5 feet beyond where they are.

Off to try a bit more - hopefully I will get somewhere this time! lol!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:40 AM   #26
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

If you enter a question mark, the game pauses and goes into the help screen. That's made it helpful for me to figure out what to do next. And there are lots of pages to that help... around ten, I think.

Among the things I found on those pages...

• R = revive, or bring back from the dead. Quite handy [img]smile.gif[/img]
  • Some key I don't remember -- lets you fix the head motion so it doesn't follow the mouse. Quite handy, I think; I'll try that tonight.
  • C = Character stats -- check after every battle or encounter to see if you can raise something up.
Also, I think that intelligence is very important, much like W&W. I'm not sure (waiting for Radek [img]smile.gif[/img] ), but I suspect you earn more skill points if you have higher intelligence. My guy (Gruhntt the Worgur or whatever that is ) is at or approaching 20 in all stats except honor... that will be later.

And much like W&W, it seems to pay to focus on one weapon to develop your skills.

I've made my way through the sewers and am now in the house (or whatever) on the other side. I've seen the same room at least three times, so the "lost" potential is definitely there.

Also, in the readme notes, it mentions that you can't change the graphics in the demo. I suspect that means gamma too

*edit* Thanks for the heads-up on the board, Z! I'll be looking for it tomorrow

So far, though... I think I'm hooked

[ 03-26-2005, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Old 03-26-2005, 10:46 AM   #27
jsalsb
Elminster

Gee, the game sounds grand! I'd love to play it!

Any thoughts on an ad hoc tech tips thread? (help?!)
Old 03-26-2005, 01:22 PM   #28
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I think that should be one of the first things on the new DL board that Z is going to put up. Ah, the fun and the joy...

*waiting until tonight to get some more game time in*
-+-+-+
Old 03-26-2005, 03:07 PM   #29
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

OKay - I've been messing around with this for a while and will go back and mess around some more after the post.

There will be a sticky BEST TIPS thread which hopefully we'll be able to organize better than the one here as time passes.

Had the game crash on me once.

Finding the interface a bit hard to get used to but I'm getting there.

Just to learn the game I have things set on the easy setting and if this is easy - well - I get groups of 12 rats or 8 goblins all coming at me at once. hmmm

Haven't made it through the sewers yet.

Can't seem to get map (M) to work.

Doors can be like the elevators in W&W - don't stand too close. Not nice when you are trying to pick up items.

Q will switch between sword and bow or from magic to weapon. Bow actually seem to work in this game.

Seems difficult to figure out where to spend experience points - so many options.

Off to die again!
Old 03-26-2005, 04:33 PM   #30
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

BUNGLEAU -

Since you have managed to get beyond the sewers - tell me this - do we have to fix the lift with the broken lever?? and does the other lift with a lever ever actuall work??