Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 10:57 PM   #61
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
4. When you get a PC game, do you read the manual before playing it or just start playing straight away? What about other stuff (e.g electrical appliances, cameras etc...) do you read the manual for those?
Manuals... who needs 'em?

I usually don't read them initially unless setup or something is tricky. I mean, I won't even think of cracking the manual until I've put the CD in the drive and looked for a SETUP or INSTALL file.... assuming it just didn't fire off an install process by itself.

I do recall one time I read a game manual first... it was when MM7 came out. I picked it up, but it was going to be a couple of days before I could play. So I read the manual to get in the mood, so to speak.

As for other stuff, I usually don't read the manual until I've tried the common sense things... press buttons, plug in, set up wires, and so on.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #62
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
5. Two trains travelling at the same velocity the first is travelling from....

just kidding

Question 5.
What is you're opinion on Reality TV?
Exactly half the distance to the goal line... just kidding [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality TV... I follow Survivor, the real originator of it as far as I'm concerned. It's based on putting people into a stressful situation and seeing how they handle it. Most of Mark Burnett's reality shows follow similar lines -- the amazing race, the apprentice, and so on.

Most of the "knock-off" reality shows don't do it for me. Their premise seems to be finding a way to show maximum T&A with a side of innuendo and lots of body flashing. Not to say that the bodies on Survivor haven't gotten more buff and buxom as the seasons have gone on... but that's not all that's there.
-+-+-+
Old 07-15-2006, 11:02 PM   #63
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Let's go with Machinehead next...
-+-+-+
Old 07-15-2006, 11:14 PM   #64
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Hello Machine head.
1) What is the most intricate item you have milled / fabricated.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:47 AM   #65
SecretMaster
Apophis

2)Do you actually like machines? If so, what got you interested in mechanics and all that fun stuff.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:17 AM   #66
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

3. How did you come up with the name Machine Head?
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:56 AM   #67
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ooh, i gotta ask this one. Fairly open ended.

4) Metric or Imperial?

[ 07-16-2006, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: Sever ]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:27 AM   #68
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

1. Hard to say as I've been doing this for 28 years. The most recent complex part I have machined is in the picture in my profile. It is a high pressure turbine inlet for General Electric. It has 20 bores with 40 grooves and 40 hook or "j" grooves, very close tolerance work. The joint has to be central and perpendicular within .001 inches which took three shifts just to set up and about 400 hours to machine, including flipping it over and machining the other end.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:37 AM   #69
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

2A. I like machining but not as much as I used to. It was more interesting when I was learning how to do different things and how to run different types of machine tools.

2B. I was a mechanic in the Army. After I got out I kind of fell into machining while I was going to school in Boston as a way to pay my bills Found that I was good at it and stuck with it. As far as mechanics go I hate working on my cars so I only do it if I have to, it's easier to pay someone else do it.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:41 AM   #70
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

3. When I joined here I tried names from LOTR but the ones I wanted were taken so I came up with this name as it fit what I do for a living and it is also a great album from my youth.