Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #71
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Zebodog, is your picture copyrighted?
Cause I want to use it on my desktop for a while.
It reminds me of when I was a kid and I used to get snow
that high on my picnic table too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-03-2007, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 02-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #72
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Memnoch. You worm. You slug. You cheese weasel.

*edit* And I mean that in the nicest way possible */edit*

Had to snowblow the driveway *twice* already today, and will be doing it a third time. At least.

Everything's closed because of the snow and cold. Stores. School events. Whole shopping malls. And I'm getting rid of... what's that? More snow!

You want your freakin' snow? It's here... come and get it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ask for snow. Sheesh!

[ 02-03-2007, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:00 PM   #73
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Memnoch. You worm. You slug. You cheese weasel.

*edit* And I mean that in the nicest way possible */edit*

Had to snowblow the driveway *twice* already today, and will be doing it a third time. At least.

Everything's closed because of the snow and cold. Stores. School events. Whole shopping malls. And I'm getting rid of... what's that? More snow!

You want your freakin' snow? It's here... come and get it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ask for snow. Sheesh!
Bugger...all we got here was about two inches, though it did snow pretty leavily last night, and thankfully the weather stayed cold so the snow didn't go away! I think that takes our total to 3 inches for the whole winter so far, compared to an average "by this time" of 22. Hoping for more next week so *we* can shut the city down.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #74
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'll ship it over soon, I promise.

We had blizzard warnings today. We don't get those here... we're too far south. But we had 'em most of the day. That means (as I learned) winds over 35 MPH, visibility of 1/4 mile or less, and snow. We had all of those... this morning, I couldn't see a freeway from the overpass unless I was right on top of the freeway.

Eight or nine inches here today... my wife did snowblowing round #3, and I'm not doing #4 until tomorrow. Current temp is seven degrees, wind chill of -14 or so... freakin' cold. Shovelled off the back deck twice so the dog could get out to pee... 'twas kind of funny, watching him look around for a spot to poop. Snow almost came up to his backside... squatting would mean submersing certain parts into the snow.

Kids went out to play in the snow for a bit... a brief bit. I pulled 'em back in before they could get frostbit. 'Twas cute... my son said they were saving bunnies... they were digging little tunnels and caves into the snow drifts so the bunnies would have someplace safe to sleep.

All the churches are closed tomorrow. And it's not getting any better. They may close schools on Monday as well... I really hope that doesn't happen.

On the plus side, got to sit in front of a roaring fire in the fireplace most of the day. That's nice... very nice...
-+-+-+
Old 02-04-2007, 12:58 AM   #75
SecretMaster
Apophis

Oh man NY actually got hit with snow finally!!! At least a decent portion of it. They were predicting some 2 to 3 inches early friday morning with it ending around 10 or 11 AM or so. Well I woke up at 11am and look outside and its sunny and everything is... GREEN! So at that point I decided all weather forecasters in the area should be tar and feathered for their ineptitude but then finally around 3pm the clouds roll in and by 4 its starting to come down.

The snow was wet, and heavy and man it didn't take long for it to accumulate. My friends and I were driving out to a Pizza Hut 20 minutes away from here and man conditions were awful. We were doing something like 45 on the highway because driving conditions were horrible. By the time we got back from eating there was like an inch and a half and we decided to have a massive snowball war. It was amazing.

Needless to say, when I woke up this morning and looked outside and saw everything wintery white, I felt good.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:34 AM   #76
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Oh man NY actually got hit with snow finally!!! At least a decent portion of it. They were predicting some 2 to 3 inches early friday morning with it ending around 10 or 11 AM or so. Well I woke up at 11am and look outside and its sunny and everything is... GREEN! So at that point I decided all weather forecasters in the area should be tar and feathered for their ineptitude but then finally around 3pm the clouds roll in and by 4 its starting to come down.

The snow was wet, and heavy and man it didn't take long for it to accumulate. My friends and I were driving out to a Pizza Hut 20 minutes away from here and man conditions were awful. We were doing something like 45 on the highway because driving conditions were horrible. By the time we got back from eating there was like an inch and a half and we decided to have a massive snowball war. It was amazing.

Needless to say, when I woke up this morning and looked outside and saw everything wintery white, I felt good.
Same here, the whiteness is still around as the temperature's been about 19 F and is supposed to drop to single digits on Mon. But I want a really, HEAVY nor'easter, not just some wussy clipper. I want some of Bungleau's weather!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #77
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I've said it before, Memnoch, but I don't know if you had any reason to take note of it years ago when I described my Aussie friend's reaction to his first heavy snow as we were driving around that fateful day. I must say it again for your safety. All you Aussies are the same, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]

He thought that the snow that was piled up along the sides of the streets and the parking lots by the city trucks was just as soft as the fresh stuff on the ground. We went racing through a parking lot that had been scraped earlier that day and when I realized what we were heading towards, I nearly wet my pants. He was going to ram the huge mountain of snow that was on the side of the parking lot. I grabbed the wheel and pushed for a hard left and we slid slidsideways, ramming the side of the car into this iceberg, but he had hit the brakes as a reaction to me grabbing the wheel so we hit it softer than we would have. I could not open my door because it was so bent up. That is when he learned that the snow can turn to ice.

Take note, this was not our car, it was lent to us so we could work. We were able to take it to a man's house who built violins for a living and he beat the door back into shape. The owners of the car gave us a reward that same month for the best-kept vehicle. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2007, 09:37 AM   #78
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Eight frickin' degrees this morning. Below zero, that is. School was canceled yesterday...

Not too much more snow, just ice and nasty, nasty wind chill.

Machinehead, Cloudy, others.... when all this stuff gets over to you, it's all Memnoch's fault [img]smile.gif[/img]

Meanwhile, Robert the Bard is just chuckling over there in Kansas... saying "serves you right. We had it last month..."

Nice save on the car, though, Larry... rough lesson to learn.
-+-+-+
Old 02-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #79
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

So is this the It's Freezing checklist? If so count me in! I think we got to a whopping 14 today with 10-15mph winds. Whoohoo! Summer Breeze makes me feel fine! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #80
Zebodog

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Hey Zebodog, is your picture copyrighted?
Cause I want to use it on my desktop for a while.
It reminds me of when I was a kid and I used to get snow
that high on my picnic table too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
No copyright, go ahead and use away.
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote