Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-07-2002, 02:09 PM   #1
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I just wanted to know who likes snow and wintery conditions. I for one do, I like all the seasons.
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 02:41 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

It depends on my environment and required travel. Currently, I work out of a home office, so winter weather doesn't inconvenience me. But my wife and I have lived for the last three years (and hopefully not for too many more) in New Jersey, USA, one of the ugliest places (IMO) on the face of the earth. When it's covered with attractive foliage in the other seasons, much of the debris left rusting and decomposing over NJ is hidden, but during the winter it's revealed to all--along with the endless box homes painted puke green.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: fable ]

fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 02:53 PM   #3
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by fable:
It depends on my environment and required travel. Currently, I work out of a home office, so winter weather doesn't inconvenience me. But my wife and I have lived for the last three years (and hopefully not for too many more) in New Jersey, USA, one of the ugliest places (IMO) on the face of the earth. When it's covered with attractive foliage in the other seasons, much of the debris left rusting and decomposing over NJ is hidden, but during the winter it's revealed to all--along with the endless box offices painted puke green.

Hey Fable, welcome to the board. My cozy little part of NJ is Lindenwold. (Camden County) I prefer when all the trash is covered with snow. I also breathe a sigh of relief that I don't live in Camden.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:59 PM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
We heven't had a decent winter here in Holland for years, everytime it's snowing for a day or so, and then thawing sets in again. This happens three or four times per winter, and then it's on to springtime. Not that spring is bad, I love spring, but yea, I would like to have a real winter with snow that lasts for weeks and weeks, so you can build a snowman that's still there the next day, a winter like we always seemed to have when I was a kid. Which wasn't even a decade ago anyway. So if anyone out there can control the weather: I'd like some real snow in the Low Lands ASAP, please!
[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
Thank you. I guess I'd answer your question with yes, BTW.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 03:11 PM   #5
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Hey Fable, welcome to the board. My cozy little part of NJ is Lindenwold. (Camden County) I prefer when all the trash is covered with snow. I also breathe a sigh of relief that I don't live in Camden.

Thanks, @Hiram. Much obliged. [img]smile.gif[/img]
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 04:51 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I love winter and snow, but only if it's good snow that can be used for snowballs and snowmen, and not that icey, powdery stuff that can't be used for anything.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 06:23 PM   #7
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Don't get much snow here so I'm not used to it. I HATE cold winds. Snow is pretty but very inconvenient when you gotta go out in it. 'Round here only one or two inches stops the busses running (wimps).
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 06:35 PM   #8
Ionut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

this winter is really great
lots of snow and ice
i love it
and if it's going to snow tonight maybe i wont go to school tomorow
i'm so happy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2002, 07:42 PM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Here's something odd:

I hate the cold, have to wear many layers of clothing so I don't frikken shiver my butt off when it is below 20 degrees Farenheit. But for some reason, when it snows, no matter how cold it is, I don't feel as cold. Maybe the snow adds humidity and makes it feel warmer, dunno, maybe it is a mental thing as I love the snow. Go figure...

Of course this love only lasts so long. If we have a lot of snow over two months, the wistfulness of it all seems to fade away LOL. We still haven't had any snow yet here in Virginia this winter, but I look forward to when/if we do [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 08:10 AM   #10
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Ionut:
this winter is really great
lots of snow and ice
i love it
and if it's going to snow tonight maybe i wont go to school tomorow
i'm so happy [img]smile.gif[/img]