Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2004, 04:16 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You don't necessarily have to smoke marihuana. If you want to keep your lungs clean, you could use it to make tea, or soup. Some people even bake cakes with weed in it, the so called Spacecake. If it has the same effects for the headache is to be seen, but i wouldn't know why not.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:20 PM   #12
Animal
Gold Dragon

The problem with legalizing marijuana is the lack of control. I tend to agree that alcohol and tobacco are certainly more destructive than marijuana, however, what's to stop somebody from lacing marijuana with cocaine, or crack, or meth?

Making marijuana legal would require it to be government controlled, thus taking it out of the hands of your street dealers. Now you're left with a lot of dealers with no income, so they move up to distributing cocaine, crack, meth, etc...
Old 09-23-2004, 04:39 PM   #13
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Ah... happy thoughts, johnny, very happy...
But face it, it's illegal for now (...).
Not over here, it isn't. If I really wanted some marihuana right now, it would only take me about a five minute stroll to the nearest coffee shop to purchase some legally.

And despite it being legal (or being brooked, to be more accurate), our country has way less of a drug problem than some other countries in which the laws are extremely strict (say, for example, France).

[ 09-23-2004, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 09-23-2004, 04:56 PM   #14
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I know about the Netherlands, and all the other countries which legalised it. I was talking about my own hole, and the majority of others where the politicians and laws are not so enlightened. That's what I was talking about by killing of the pushers, the fact that your country has a far smaller drug problem than most others.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:17 PM   #15
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
And despite it being legal (or being brooked, to be more accurate), our country has way less of a drug problem than some other countries in which the laws are extremely strict (say, for example, France).
If I really wanted to get some here I could also do so in a few hours (I have a friend who knows someone who grows it), but it wouldn't be legal and besides I hate smoking. I tried normal smoke once and haven't since.

Edit: I have friends who have been smoking for years without any side effects, so legalizing it wouldn't be a problem IMO, and medicinal usage could certainly be accepted.

[ 09-23-2004, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]

Old 09-23-2004, 05:25 PM   #16
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Hey, Johnny, tell me. Some people who I know in Europe that have visited Amsterdam say the locals really don't frequent hash bars very much, that it's really the tourists who go there. Is that true? Do many people over there use it?

Just curious as to what it's like in a legalized situation.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:33 PM   #17
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Hey, Johnny, tell me. Some people who I know in Europe that have visited Amsterdam say the locals really don't frequent hash bars very much, that it's really the tourists who go there. Is that true? Do many people over there use it?

As far as I know that's the case, yes. I don't live in "de Randstad" (cluster of large cities in the west of the Netherlands) myself, but here in the South (relatively close to the Belgian border), I've had more foreigners asking for directions to the nearest coffee shop than to the nearest train station.

[ 09-23-2004, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 09-23-2004, 05:37 PM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

Yeah, you see a lot of tourists in the coffeeshops, people from France, Germany, England, basically every country in the region. Dutch people go to the shops a lot too, but i have a feeling it was more popular back in the days when it was still illegal. People got used to it being legal i suppose, and somehow it takes the excitement away for some. But that's just me guessing here. There's also a lot of people who go to a shop just to relax, play some pool, backgammon or lay some cards, without touching anything. But tourists come to the shops with only one intention, that's true.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:39 PM   #19
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
If I really wanted some marihuana right now, it would only take me about a five minute stroll to the nearest coffee shop to purchase some legally.
If I really wanted to get some here I could also do so in a few hours (I have a friend who knows someone who grows it).[/QUOTE]Yeah, and if I really wanted to, I could get some in a few weeks, since my neighbour's cousin knows someone's uncle who supposedly lives just accross the street from someone whose great-aunt owns a whaccy baccy plantation!

Sorry, I'm done, I promise. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 09-23-2004, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]
Old 09-23-2004, 05:54 PM   #20
Legolas
Jack Burton

I'm interested in hearing some of the arguments these experts had against legalising medicinal marijuana.
I can't really find a good reason not to, myself, so any insights on the other side of the debate would be welcome.