Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2004, 06:26 AM   #31
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Everyone is intolerant to pollen, dust and cat/dog - (animal) dander. It is a trend doctors have adopted of late diagnoising these things as 'allergies'. It makes me laugh when people say they're 'allergic' to them. These substances coat the lungs and agitate the sinuses. Some are a little more tolerant of these substances but given enough exposure the result will always be same: rejection symptoms.

It's like 2 people sitting in a house that is burning down around them while one says to the other "Unlike you I am not allergic to this toxic smoke so it won't kill me".
Old 09-19-2004, 08:22 AM   #32
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vaskez:
Luckily am not allergic to wasp stings as have been stung by those quite a few times. QUOTE]

Actually I am... and its a killer. The bad thing about wasps is... they can keep stinging and stinging unlike bees who die after one sting. So many stings = really really really bloated fat dave who floats in water
Old 09-19-2004, 08:27 AM   #33
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Everyone is intolerant to pollen, dust and cat/dog - (animal) dander. It is a trend doctors have adopted of late diagnoising these things as 'allergies'. It makes me laugh when people say they're 'allergic' to them. These substances coat the lungs and agitate the sinuses. Some are a little more tolerant of these substances but given enough exposure the result will always be same: rejection symptoms.

It's like 2 people sitting in a house that is burning down around them while one says to the other "Unlike you I am not allergic to this toxic smoke so it won't kill me".
Ok then...let's just say I am less tolerant of cats, even though I have some myself. Just gota deal with it though.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:33 AM   #34
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Luckily am not allergic to wasp stings as have been stung by those quite a few times.
Actually I am... and its a killer. The bad thing about wasps is... they can keep stinging and stinging unlike bees who die after one sting. So many stings = really really really bloated fat dave who floats in water [/QB][/QUOTE]tell me about it (the keep stinging part) I once got a wasp down the back of my t-shirt somehow. I suddenly felt this sharp pain at the top of my back, and didn't know what it was. Then I kept going and felt a sharp pain in the middle of my back, then I guessed something must be stinging me. I shook my t-shirt then kept going. Then I felt a sharp sting at the bottom of my back. Then I took my t-shirt off and found a half-dead wasp. The bastard got me thrice but each time with slightly less venom so I had 3 sting marks of decreasing size in a line down my back
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 09-19-2004, 11:23 AM   #35
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
quote:
Luckily am not allergic to wasp stings as have been stung by those quite a few times.
Actually I am... and its a killer. The bad thing about wasps is... they can keep stinging and stinging unlike bees who die after one sting. So many stings = really really really bloated fat dave who floats in water [/QUOTE]tell me about it (the keep stinging part) I once got a wasp down the back of my t-shirt somehow. I suddenly felt this sharp pain at the top of my back, and didn't know what it was. Then I kept going and felt a sharp pain in the middle of my back, then I guessed something must be stinging me. I shook my t-shirt then kept going. Then I felt a sharp sting at the bottom of my back. Then I took my t-shirt off and found a half-dead wasp. The bastard got me thrice but each time with slightly less venom so I had 3 sting marks of decreasing size in a line down my back [/QB][/QUOTE]poor dave! and geez, I feel bad even for you Vaskez, I have only been stung a few times in my life, most fo the time they do not bother me :/ I did get a sting from a Hornet once, right on the neck and it hurt so bad I thought I was going to die
Old 09-24-2004, 02:11 PM   #36
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Thanks Stormy, but dont worry about me. The wasp DEFINATELY came off the worse of the two of us [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sting sting sting sting sting... OUCH MUTHA*****************

*daves hand blows up to ginormous size*

SQUAT.

Its hard to miss with a hand that big
Old 09-24-2004, 05:06 PM   #37
calon
Dungeon Master

only allergy i know i have is nickel-allergy. i get skin rashes if i touch something with nickel in it.

alcohol allergy - that sucks :/
Old 09-24-2004, 09:40 PM   #38
Chris of the Dale
The Magister

I had some allergy testing done after I had a bad allergic reaction and could hardly breath. Turns out that I am allergic to ALL plants and animals. My highest animals allergy is cats and we have 3, not that I want them. Then my highest plant allergy is grass...when i did farm working i was lifting bails of hay and it scratched and cut up my arms and they swole right up and i was having problesm breathing so I had to go the hospital for some oxygen and an allergy shot.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:14 PM   #39
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Wow... I'm all sorts of lucky that I'm not allergic to anything -- that they can figure out

Which doesn't make these bug stories any less icky!
Old 09-24-2004, 10:57 PM   #40
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I'm not allergic to anything since I'm never sneezy or sniffly. I don't like people who are though - they annoy me. They're nearly always delicate and overly-genteel.