Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 01:39 PM   #191
MagiK

Im playing as hard as I can [img]smile.gif[/img]

Please don't get angry but I am still curious about something...Are the "ranks" and the "Avatars" permanently linked or are they independant? Just kind of a programming curiosity is all [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2002, 02:01 PM   #192
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Im playing as hard as I can [img]smile.gif[/img]

Please don't get angry but I am still curious about something...Are the "ranks" and the "Avatars" permanently linked or are they independant? Just kind of a programming curiosity is all [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Sigh.. at this point in time the ranks and avatars are linked and according to Z's post waaaaay back a page or so he's not changing that. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Now... about that playing....TAG! you're it! *CB runs from the thread, giggling*
Old 05-09-2002, 05:35 PM   #193
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
There, now Epona, any one of these fine gentlemen or that gasping one over there who somehow escaped the group goose..er hug.. is available to help close the door on the debate. I'm ordering up the party favors... you think they should be MOUSE on a mousepad or Z on a coaster? Hmmm.. you know.. a genie keyring'd be cute... how about BK and LS on boxers...
I think I would much rather be on thongs than boxers

Old 05-10-2002, 12:52 PM   #194
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Hey everyone-- Just an update, it looks pretty bad:

Since I posted this, we have only had 3 paypal donations. I am guessing that most of you are sending Donations via Mail. ?

I am just worried--he broght it up again.

I want to register this Chat room program so we can have chat, that is pretty low bandwidth but eats the server up (We can handle it though, EASY).. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Chat program is $49.99US Dollars (The Program is at: http://www.jpilot.com/

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-10-2002, 01:08 PM   #195
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Have you found out anything about the merchandising DiabloRex and RudeDawg suggested, Z? If that turns out to be as easy as they said, it might be great for some income, but would probably take a month or so to really get going.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:45 PM   #196
MagiK

Next Friday Ill send another Check Z.

Old 05-11-2002, 05:42 AM   #197
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Hey everyone-- Just an update, it looks pretty bad:

Since I posted this, we have only had 3 paypal donations. I am guessing that most of you are sending Donations via Mail. ?

I am just worried--he broght it up again.

I want to register this Chat room program so we can have chat, that is pretty low bandwidth but eats the server up (We can handle it though, EASY).. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Chat program is $49.99US Dollars (The Program is at: http://www.jpilot.com/
Couldnt you just use an IRC java applet ?? AFAIK, they dont take up much bandwidth OR server space, and can be accessed by the people out there who use mIRC aswell as those who dont have it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2002, 12:13 PM   #198
Moiraine
Anubis

Ziroc, as I told you by mail, I'll send you something via paypal next week, as soon as I'm back home from holidays.
Old 05-11-2002, 12:15 PM   #199
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Ziroc, as I told you by mail, I'll send you something via paypal next week, as soon as I'm back home from holidays.
It's the M'OYSTER!

Good to see you here old friend. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-11-2002, 04:05 PM   #200
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I know that I am arriving at this discussion rather late. I have not been on line really for the past week. So if this is all old and irrelevant, I apologize.

I rarely weigh in on issues such as these, but I feel I can no longer remain silent about something that really bothers me and has for some time whenever the issue of money is brought up here. And this issue has nothing to do with how Z should go about raising money for IW.

I was reading this thread, and couldn't help but notice that there are a few people who have stated vociferously that they are against any kind of class system based on the ability to pay here at IW. This is all well and good, especially when they raise the points about the kids and poor people here feeling bad about their inability to pay when confronted with a visible sign of somebody else's donation. Then, however, the very same person arguing against a class system will then add "I have sent a donation," seemingly without realizing by coming on to a thread where money is discussed, as in the server donation thread and this one, they are doing the very thing they are arguing against. How many kids or less well off members here have read all of the comments stating proudly, "I have donated money to Ironworks" and have felt worthless or unworthy because they could not donate and tell everyone about it on a public thread.

We already have a class system here, only it is not composed of banners, sigs, or avatars, instead it consists of people being unable to join in the chorus of shouts that springs up in all of these money threads where some will gleefully proclaim words to the effect, "I have nothing against people who cannot donate but I have donated." It seems to me, that if people truly believed that money should not be an issue here they would show this by not being compelled to tell everyone about their donations on a very important thread that is bound to get alot of views from people who cannot pay. Stating, "I have given money to Dan," is just as much a sign to people as an avatar would be. It says, "I don't care about the feelings of the people here who can't afford to pay. I have paid and I want people to see that I have paid. And if that upsets the poorer members who cannot make a similar statement, due to financial hardship, then so be it. At least everyone will be able to see that I can afford to donate."

I am sorry to say this, but I think that it is extremely vulgar to come on to important threads and make people feel inadequate by detailing your donations which makes them feel worthless for not being able to match them.

As I said, I usually do not get this explicit in my views on most things, but this has bothered me for a long time. I guess this time, I had just had it. If anyone is mad at me for this, so be it.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>