Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-01-2000, 11:01 PM   #1
Dr. Bob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I arrived at the ghost of rhumpy in the southeast corner of the crypt, and he attacked me. He isn't really doing much damage to my party, but I can't do ANYTHING to him. I swing and cast and shoot, and nothing connects. The walkthrough doesn't even say anything about this. What am I supposed to do here? Anything? Thanks...
Old 11-02-2000, 12:30 AM   #2
AugustHeat

i had no prob killing him...i used spells and swords...i dont know why you cant..i guess you need to level some and try again when your stronger..but theres no special way to kill him no tiem i mean jsut kill him

Old 11-02-2000, 02:40 AM   #3
Magus

I have the same prob. My party is on lvl 3/4. Help

Old 11-02-2000, 03:23 AM   #4
CowHunter
Welcomed New User

I've noticed that simple spell shock does damage to Rhumpy.
It doesen't work every time, but if you have 4-6 shock I think 2 get's throught and does little damage. Then just swing your swords like hell.
But be aware Rhumpy cast stone spell that turns you men into a stone and I don't
know how to disable that curse.
Old 11-02-2000, 01:37 PM   #5
Elara
The Magister

A tip you get in the Veleia tavern tells you that ordinary weapons will go right through spirits and spectres, that only an enchanted weapon will be effective. A warrior can buy both a +1 enchanted long sword and short sword in the warrior's guild special selections. Otherwise the shock spell might have some effect on Rhumpy.. I've used it on banshees and such successfully.
Old 11-06-2000, 09:08 AM   #6
Arcana
Welcomed New User

Rumphy is eternal, so after you kill him, he will reappear. That's what happened to me.

Anyway I've killed Rumphy and banshees without any magic weapons. Just took alot of swings.
Old 11-06-2000, 05:04 PM   #7
Gina Silver

Rhumpy is an anagram for Murphy.
Anybody who has played the Wizardry series knows about Murphy's Ghost.

In Wizardry 1, he is in a hidden room on the first level of the maze.
In Wizardry 5, he can often be found in the Ghosts' Den (In one of the three underwold levels). In the Ghosts' Den, you will either encounter a friendly ghost (you can usually buy good stuff from), or you will encounter Manfretti's Ghost and Murphy's Ghost.

In Wizards and Warriors, he resides in a room in the southeast corner of the Crypt.
In all three games, regular weapons will rarely hit him (you need enchanted ones), spells will almost never work, he attacks for 2 damage a hit, and lastly, fighting him is a GREAT way to earn experience for low level characters (In W&W, he gives I think 1250-ish experience), and in W&W, he will always drop a Wand Of Stars (poor weapon, but worth good money).

Advice for fighting if you have no such enchanted weapons:
Use whatever stengthening magic you can to increase the likelyhood of connecting with your attacks: Bless, Heroic Might, Nimble, etc.

Every time you leave the crypt (when it gives the "Loading" window), if you come back, he will be back, ready for another beatdown.