Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2001, 05:36 PM   #1
Jazzid
Manshoon

I know... is seems like a silly question.

The Mavin sword is the only weapon which is supposed to be able to hurt lord Cet, but when I faced him the, Staff of Death, after having been "blessed" in the black fire, was equally effective. So theoretically speakin, the Mavin sword might not be necessary.

It would be interesting to know if anyone of you guys on the board have finished the game without the sword.

Cheers // Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 05:46 PM   #2
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Oooooh, very good question!!!

I don't know anyone who has tried that. For a single or dual character party, that should be relatively easy to do. I like the "challenge" of the larger parties, so having just one item to kill Cet with is a bit tedious (heck, it's tedious anyhow as you keep having to change who's holding the item based on equipment capabilities). Presumably, if you end the game with a single character who's a warlock, you'd have no choice but to use the Staff of Death.

Anyone else know???
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 05:48 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

There are NO silly questions!!

The Staff of Death will do the job offing Cet but I wonder if you need to have the sword to trigger off the whole Cet routine in the pyramid. I suppose if you have a save in an appropriate place it would be easy enough to test. Hope someone has tried this out and give us a definitive answer.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 08:08 PM   #4
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

That question came up a few months back. Here's the thread.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/004629.html

Xignal
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 05:01 PM   #5
Jazzid
Manshoon

Thanks for the speedy reply Xignal (and the rest as well...)! So it really is possible to finish the game without the sword. Maybe if I tree-surf into the lost sea area and skip the shrine of Anephas, I'll be able to break your speed record

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote