Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-06-2000, 09:55 AM   #1
Dungeonhopper
Welcomed New User

I wonder about all that diving-action in this game.I think it really sucks!
Imagine heavy-equipped warriors (chain and platemail,swords,shields and other equipment)
are diving through litte holes or beneath the see.... and drowning very often!!
I hate this action implements in RP games!!
I's so silly,only to give you pain.Not even a good spell,(Waterbreath??) to help.
What is your opinion to this fellow players?
Old 11-06-2000, 10:03 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

While I will fully agree that it isn't very logical that heavily armored warriors are going to be swimming gracefully about the sea as a player I enjoy it. Having the "scuba equipment" (the mask and shell devices made in Brimloch Roon) allows my characters to swim for quite a while before we need to come up for air. Took me a while to master the movements in the water but once I got the hang of it swimming became one of my favorite experiences in this game.

Wyv
Old 11-06-2000, 11:00 AM   #3
DomGrrl

Well some characters can get trained in "iron lung", which I found helps a LOT. Also get outfitted with scuba gear, of course. And there is a spell called "Breath of Air" which I haven't aquired yet, but am working on.

Old 11-06-2000, 11:56 AM   #4
smylingsam

Hi,

Where do you get "Iron Lung" ???? Also, "Breath of Air" is a healing spell of vines. It takes half of the caster's HP and then gives that amount to each char. "Healing Relm" seems to work much better during drownding situations.

Sam, smyling at the thought of his monk in plate mail somehow pumling a monster to death :>

Old 11-06-2000, 05:04 PM   #5
Kate
Welcomed New User

The silliest thing is meeting random monsters while underwater...skeletons, zombies, you name it, but the bats flying around underwater just made me laugh...realism? Perhaps not. Never mind, it's all experience points.
Old 11-06-2000, 05:09 PM   #6
DomGrrl

Hmmmm 2 of my characters have been offered iron lung training. One was a warrior and is now an assasin, and the other was a rogue, I think he's a ninja now. The training was either at the pawn shop or the armory.