Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2001, 09:18 AM   #1
Indiglo

What is this Giant Maneater Plant I run into? It kills my fighter like in 5 seconds even with 16 AR and over 80HP? Is there something i need to fight it off? HELP
Old 01-06-2001, 09:35 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Ah, the Amazonii - 4 be their number - rites of passage, tests they are, hmmm, pass them you must, dangerous indeed are the poison ones. If leave you now, run you should - track you will they, follow you to the very ends of Ishad. Fire is the key.

Preparation is important. Run a reasonable distance away, and quickly prepare fire spells - burning haze and firestorm work very well. Dodge the poison vapours cast at you - they are like flame drop, but do 30-50 hp of damage in each second instaed of the 1 point of FD(hence the very quick expiration date of your troops). The main gist is there are a few places the won't follow you - the didn't follow me down the moat areas on the West of Shurugeon, the can't follow you through the gap in the trees a little north and west of the burnt out house (leads up towards the lake). Your magic has more range than theirs does, so stay at range and toast your broccolli good.

And don't run to the village, otherwise they will be right on top of you when you exit.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2001, 02:22 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

This has had such a nice reply from Davros but has not been displaying that there was any reply at all.
I'm hoping by also replying it will finally register that Indiglo's question has been answered.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2001, 05:20 PM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Thanks Wyv - Ive got no idea why my original reply didn't register .
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2001, 08:09 PM   #5
Dwarf

Meteor hurts them quite a bit as well (I was wanting my Sorceress(Wizard to the uninitiated) to learn Flesh to Stone to save the annoyance of stone grave traps and therefore had not advanced Fire magic very much).But it'll take about twelve of them per plant and a Fire Drop or two to get the job done.