Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-06-2001, 10:54 AM   #1
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

...Ok, i've heard a lot on Dual Kensais and want to try myself - here's da question :

Kensais aren't allowed to wear any armor nor Bracers - does ths include Robes too ? You might as well add any hint for me how to survive the early game...
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 11:33 AM   #2
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

I'm not sure about robes as mine is a half-elf so I can't dual class him. They can wear gauntlets too but it will be a while before you can find the right one. I can't recall which one mine is wearing.

SPOILER
There's a helmet you find in the game which you have to put together to see one of the enemy's you come by. Your kensai can wear that also. It's not much help but it does protect from critical hits which is better than nothing [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 11:53 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Kensais can wear Robes and Bracers if they dual to a Mage.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 12:22 PM   #4
Kaleban
Manshoon

You can also use Ioun stones, and later the circlet of netheril in ToB.

Dundee, I thought the bracer/gauntlet restriction stayed in place, the reason robes are allowed is that they're technically not "armor?" Or are gauntlets allowed up until the Kensai is reactivated...?
Old 12-06-2001, 12:27 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I am unsure on the Gauntlets, but Kensai->Mages can wear Bracers of Defence.
Old 12-06-2001, 05:50 PM   #6
Eldoran
Dungeon Master

Well, if you are doing this with a party it isn't too hard to get back your kensai powers once you dual... Heres what I remember doing.

I horded all the scrolls I could find, had all my party members leave me, and did some serious scribing. Afterwards I brought them all back... It nets you alot of easy expirence, and should get you several levels into your magedum. After that you can just pretty much hide behind your party members until you regain kensai-ness.

If you are soloing it becomes tricky... I lost interest after a while, but I did get a good ways into the game before I quit. I went around gathering scrolls and such before I dualed, and afterwards did easy quests such as the circus, and slavers. It actually goes pretty darn quickly if you are all by yourself, but be prepaired to dance around with a sling for quite a while in some fights

Good Luck.
Eldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 06:08 PM   #7
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

if you dual to a thief, you will get the use any item ability. then you can use armor, bracers, shields, helmets, ANYTHING that you want.

[img]graemlins/ninja.gif[/img]
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 07:31 PM   #8
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

Is the use any item in ToB, and when does it kick in? I was soloing an assassin and to say he sucked is an understatment. He is now tagging along with my sorcerer, trying not to die. Ok, he does have a x5 backstab right now, but after that first attack he pretty much just gets in the way. So how long til he can put on a shield to keep his ass alive. I think he is level 12 right now.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:07 AM   #9
Whailor

I don't have the ToB yet, waiting for it to arrive.. But weren't those "bada**" abilities like high-lvl ones, i.e. post lvl 20? Basically after the SoA max lvl? In that case your lvl 12 char has yet ways to go.. Of course, I might be wrong also.
Old 12-07-2001, 04:04 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You start getting high level abilities the next time you level up when your total Xp is 3,000,000+