Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 08:47 AM   #1
dragon_lord
Elminster

Im going solo with a multi classed fighter/cleric and its going to tough going for the next few quests (u start at only level 6!). At the moment he has trouble hitting a brick wall let alone a person. But he will be powerful one day.... hopefully Iv never been a cleric or druid before (im a paladin fan) so whats the best spells to use?

Just saw the stats of those Rune Assassins for the tanner quest they have god like strength and dexterity (19 & 20!) so no wonder they do 30+ damage!
Old 07-11-2001, 09:12 AM   #2
Jak_TCM
Dungeon Master

I use lots of protective spells, stuff like armour of faith, protection from evil.etc. A LOT.
Summoning spells get very nice at higher levels, and then you can get finger of death but that comes much later.
Where did you get the stats for the twisted rune from?
Put alink on the page

------------------
Jak
Jak_TCM@Hotmail.com
Old 07-11-2001, 09:56 AM   #3
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

BTW, if you are ding multiclass, then you might as well try Ranger/Cleric - same limitations (only 2 stars maximum), but you will get access to druidic spells and stealth.
Old 07-11-2001, 10:16 AM   #4
dragon_lord
Elminster

Rune Assassins not the twisted rune guys with the lich (shangalar) etc. The rune assassins are in the tanners house in the bridge district. Use shadow keeper to find the stats of creatures in the game, edit them if really want to. Iv had alot of fun changing monsters stats and giving them wicked items By accident i changed firkraag into drow once.
Old 07-11-2001, 12:26 PM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you are going solo then the following spells are very worthwhile. All protective and combat enhancing spells like chant and sanctuary. Also the one combat spell that i would take is blade barrier. Seeing as you are going solo, it can not hurt anyone in your party and will do massive damage to your opponents, unless they save vs spell but still (My cleric took out 4 Giths and some gauths by herself using this spell with the ring of invisibility).

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves