Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2000, 12:54 AM   #1
Glorick the Half-Orc

Bah, Anomen is one of the best NPCs in the game! He's kind of a wuss, but he's a strong fighter and has cleric abilities, making him the best cleric in the game. Tons of HPs.

If I could get my wife to play with me I'd be the happiest camper in the world. Instead I get yelled at if I go NEAR the computer on "non-gaming" night. And she has about as much interest in Fantasy and Science Fiction as I do in learning basket weaving. Oh well, ya can't win um all! Plus that shotgun had a lot to do with my current situation... hehe At least she likes going out and getting drunk.

Old 12-16-2000, 06:33 AM   #2
Zertyr

Well, sitting here at work, was 2 hours late, I was still
drunk when I got here. The office boss just laughed at me
and told me that there was pain killers in the coffe room
for later. (Eaten 2 so far).

Well, I was out for a couple of beers with a few friends,
I meet some other friends, the bought me some beers and
you guys now the story from there.

Then, Tina, a nice lady brought me home, well, to her place,
but the point is. Her computer is on, and what do I see,
if not BG2 DESKTOP ICON!!!

SHE IS A GAMER!!! DAMN!!

Well, we stayed up and chatted some about chars, hers is
a female archer, and we are going to link up so she gets
to meet my kind little evil paladin. (lv 16 fighter, lv 14 mage
dual class).

But, my question is, is there anyway of having 2 player chars
fighting eachother??

And, what class do you guys is the strongest? (Dont mean STR)

What dual classes are best to choose from your point
of view?

Well, ANSWER GOD DAMN!

Be well all, and keep thoose beers cold!

Old 12-16-2000, 07:29 AM   #3
Armisael

Woah, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. You really remind me of me. Even down to your choice of character class.
But to get to the point, all you can do is force attack each other.
I love fighter mages, which answers both your other questions. The one AD&D camp.. c.. argh, I'm too drunk to spell long words... anyway, I played a fighter and dualled him to a mage, and it was nice and fun.
Dunno if you got any or not, but woman that game are a rare find in my experience. My girlfriend thinks games are stupid, and reinforces that point regularly.
Anyway, time for me to go, I'm being shouted at again. I swear she wasn't this aggressive when I first met her.

Old 12-16-2000, 08:48 AM   #4
drezden

I say instead of worrying about whether your character will score (a hit) worry if you will! lol I know its fun winning a battle on BG2, but not as fun as real life scoring.

Old 12-16-2000, 08:51 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Damn!
A female gamer is worth more than hundred female grandwizards in BG2 LOL
Be nice and good luck!!
Old 12-16-2000, 09:40 AM   #6
Moiraine
Anubis

I am very happy to read you guys ... I am a female gamer !
I play AD&D with my husband since we were students (10 years already ... nobody gets younger),
and, of course, we play together a multiplayer BG2 game (of course, he is the big fat bully fighter, and I am the cute subtle thief/mage).
We played Diablo and Diablo II together before, but BG2 is much more fun (no scenario in Diablo anyway).
We got along rather well after he stopped yelling at me that I SHOULDN'T throw Fireballs when he hacks the monster to pieces with that big ugly sword of his, and after I stopped yelling at him that he SHOULD wait for me to tell him how I will roast the big monster before running like a mad guy ...
We also just started to play with our 9 years-old son a new AD&D adventure, and he LOVES it.
Just a happy family !
And, oh, I hate DMs getting married and having their wives telling them they cannot play D&D anymore (I know at least 3, that is three nice groups of friends shattered ...).
Old 12-16-2000, 09:48 AM   #7
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there!
Well I posted a new topic about Pseudo life and well I´m still in a foul mood.. But somethings have been better and tha is to see so many really liking Roleplaying and games in general and that there are som many people representing different types here. We have Moiraine who is a female, mother and married and likes BG2, Great!! and we have people like Ancient who is ..old I guess he only hints at his age and we have kids age 14 from Russia!
Great! This shows that to thrill your mind is a healthy thing after all!

Old 12-16-2000, 10:17 AM   #8
Moiraine
Anubis

Glad to cheer you up !
You know, sometimes a female gamer feels a little alone !
For example, I NEVER happen to find someone willing to discuss which of the MALE BG2 characters is the more sexy !
(I personnally would vote for Valgyar Corthala ...)
And all my friends who love RPGs and Fantasy and such are all males ...
I remember when I was a student (and not yet married ...) : Girl, when you find a boy cute, NEVER tell him that you play AD&D and all : if he does not himself, he just thinks you are crazy, and if he does, that is the end of it, he will NEVER see you again as a woman, and all is ready for this horrible thing : he can talk to you all night and NOTHING ELSE happens !
Huh, I am married now, so ... (But I think that my husband is not the standard guy himself !)
Old 12-16-2000, 11:28 AM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

YAY!!
Moiraine, I'm your gal! I think there are a few female gamers on this board but I agree there're not many.
~pours nice hot cuppa tea, slips into something comfy...let's do girl talk!~

LMAO Got you there for a minute eh guys! No I'm not going to turn this into some sissy board for gossiping ladies so don't worry!
But erm... about the male NPCs in the game, I must say I'm pretty disappointed, I think the female NPCs are more lovable. I mean, just look at the pictures that are available, especially the ones from BG1! Purely picture-wise I think you're right, Valygar is one of the better options. Characterswise I kinda like Haer'Delis. But while the men get to choose three different nice girls to date, all we get is The Wimp Anomen!!! God! Like Armisael said in another thread: It makes you consider to 'explore your sexuality'
Old 12-16-2000, 02:30 PM   #10
G.W.

To answer your question: you can fight someone else, just click on the sword. I think the fighter-mage is the best one-on-one, it should be difficult losing to an archer with stone skin and other enhancements on.