Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 08:58 AM   #1
CoranTheRanger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am only level 23 and I have heared dosens of people say they are level 37 and 40. I have done the wk mission and I cant understand where you get so much exp from. I need the exp to kill Mellison and take my rightful place bla bla bla
Old 01-14-2002, 09:11 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

My Monk is level 40 because I ran her thru the game solo.

You can also reach that level with a two person party on normal difficulty.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 10:13 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Well, I am in chapter 2 in SoA, finished Watchers Keep and a bunch on side-quests with my solo Cavalier, and am in lvl 26!
Not kidding! He's just a killermachine! [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

I guess the secret of high level is to do every little quest and side-quest you get over. Look at me, for an example, a lvl 26 Cavalier in chapter 2, and only done these quests:
Watchers Keep
Unsseing eye
Trademeet
Umar Hills
Paladin stronghold
Freed the slavers
Windspear hills

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 11:17 AM   #4
Manwe
Manshoon

quote:
Well, I am in chapter 2 in SoA, finished Watchers Keep and a bunch on side-quests with my solo Cavalier, and am in lvl 26!
Not kidding! He's just a killermachine!
I guess the secret of high level is to do every little quest and side-quest you get over. Look at me, for an example, a lvl 26 Cavalier in chapter 2, and only done these quests:
Watchers Keep
Unsseing eye
Trademeet
Umar Hills
Paladin stronghold
Freed the slavers
Windspear hills

I wonder how high level you'll be in chapter 4, btw did you kill Demogorgon?
Manwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 02:46 PM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Manwe:

I wonder how high level you'll be in chapter 4, btw did you kill Demogorgon?

Actually I did. Took me a whole bunch of reloads, though. And some help from some NPCs...
Btw, dont you agree that the last guardians is WAY overpowered?

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 02:53 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer

Are you referring to Mel?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 01-14-2002, 02:59 PM   #7
Manwe
Manshoon

Actually, fighting the last guardians was harder than killing Demogorgon for me, Sendai was quite difficult to beat too. I suppose i was lucky when i killed Demogorgon on my first try I summoned some Shambling Mounds with Staff of The Woodlands +4 (or whatever it's called), summoned some MOrdenkainen's Swords too. Then i went with Korgan, Sarevok and Jaheira( with Aura of Flaming Death) into the fight. I watched the fight from a safe distance and used Khelbens Warding whip to dispel protections. The Demons that Demogorgon summoned concentrated all their firepower on the Shambling Mounds and the Mordenkainen's Swords... So with abit luck from Greater Whirlwind on all the NPC's i defeated him... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2002, 03:07 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer

I only had trouble with Mel and Drac ... Balth was a wuss, and the others were only more difficult.

Old 01-14-2002, 03:19 PM   #9
Manwe
Manshoon

I haven't played through ToB yet, so with the "last Guardians" I meant those who guarded Demogorgon, so you dont confuse it with the other Bhaalspawns...
Old 01-14-2002, 04:27 PM   #10
Grindar Silvermane
Manshoon

Location: Temple of Tempus: The High Hall of Swords and Banners
quote:
Originally posted by CoranTheRanger:
I am only level 23 and I have heared dosens of people say they are level 37 and 40. I have done the wk mission and I cant understand where you get so much exp from. I need the exp to kill Mellison and take my rightful place bla bla bla

Something I found to work too, was summon fiends etc. and conveniently forget to cast protection from evil on me own party. Kill the attacking fiend and you get some nice xp's