Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2001, 02:25 PM   #1
Lumanis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm playing my first time through with 5 characters that I made...

I just wanted to know if I will be missing out on any large quests, or if I should occasionaly take certain NPC's into my party for questing purposes.

If so, which NPCs have quests that I won't want to miss out on.
Old 04-08-2001, 02:36 PM   #2
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

youve never played before?
if so you'll want to dump atleast 2 of your guys so you can get at least 3npc's
npc interaction and quests are most of the game. it will be very boring and short if you dont take on some npc's and for the first time through i would go all npc's just for the interactions.
every possible configuration will bring about different interactions.

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 02:39 PM   #3
bilqis2
Dungeon Master

Yes, you most definitely will be missing out on many quests that are only generated by the game generated NPCs. In my own single-multi-player games I usually will have 2 or 3 characters I generated, then add and remove game NPCs as their quests finish.

Everyone plays in their own style tho! If you want a quick run-through of the game just to see how it works, then using all your own characters would be a good way to do that. BG2 is one of the most re-playable games ever created! Different quests per class, and NPC.

Have fun!

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

(Most Happy Receiver of Zeeke75)
Old 04-08-2001, 03:16 PM   #4
Lumanis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can't I just grab 1 NPC at a time?

I accidently looked at a spoiler saying that I would need the Evil Dwarf to do the full Graveyard quest.

p.s. My Girlfriend made me get rid of Minsc because he was too anoying when she is trying to sleep, lol.

"Buttkicking for Goodness!!"
Old 04-08-2001, 03:24 PM   #5
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

yes you can but you'll miss out on my favorite part. the conversations that occur between the different npc's. every time i play i hear something new. because i choose different combos of npc's. but just so you know i always have 3 of my own design but always 3npc's as well

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 04:51 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lumanis:
[B]Can't I just grab 1 NPC at a time?
[B]
Well, you can, but you will miss out on some dialogue options and party conversations. It adds more depth to the fine game. Also, it is more efficient to have at least 2 NPC in the party since you can do the NPC specific quests at once, rather then constantly traveling around.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!