Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2001, 05:46 PM   #151
Lord Shield

OOC: Thought I recognised the name Malvolio (and NOT from the Shakespeare play)

Sorry Nano - I was trying to get their first to talk to the dragon. As human rep to the Dragon Council, thought I'd get us past

Shield keeps pace behind Rhazor, his senses telling him which direction the beast went in. Close behind him comes a very fast, armed chicken.

~cluck~ ~buk~ ~BUKAWWWW~

"Hey LR, 'course we'll save some for you"

Also OOC: Lord Raptor is kicking he absolute *** out of ToB - he's more dangerous than Slaughter Margin :O:O

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 08-13-2001, 06:01 PM   #152
Tancred
White Dragon

How could they have been so stupid? No way were any of them up to the challenge of tackling a powerful creature like a Red Dragon. Folco was new to the adventuring world as a whole, and in no way were Gariad and Malvolio to be trusted. If only he had been as wise - or as pessimistic, he supposed - as he was now, he would have seen that.
Of course, there was a name to that kind of stupidity. For Siona, he'd have walked into the Abyss itself.
They would have all died that day. In the end, three of them had escaped - and even one of those three did not survive her injuries. All thanks to the intervention of a lone knight, a member of the mysterious band of travellers they had met the previous day. A man who had fought like a demon, who struggled with the dragon and distracted it long enough for them to get out as he led it fgurther and further into the mountain. There had been a colossal explosion deep in the depths, and the mountain had collapsed. He had never seen that knight alive again.
Well, so be it. He had failed Siona, all those years ago. He had failed his great-grandmother, Truori, for letting Karnas out. He had failed Karnas, too, for failing to slay Tunjuk. Failure upon failure.
Now I pay, Tancred thought.
He quickened his pace. It would be a long run to where he needed to be - when he needed to be.
Old 08-13-2001, 06:09 PM   #153
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

One after the other Flash drove his rune axes into the side of the mountain, finally managing to pull his emense weight over the edge of the next plateau.

"Ah, Lord shield I knew I could catch up with yo/-", Causually looking over his sholder to see who was adressing him LS lept up into the air with a grunt, landing 40 or so feet above where the anti-paladin was.

"DAMNIT... why didn't I ever become a Monk.", cursed the warrior panting between sylables.

Knocking one of Encards rabid monkeys off the top off his helmet with a backhand, he grudgingly resumed his trek to the top.
Old 08-13-2001, 06:33 PM   #154
Encard
Quintesson

Encard flies through the air at an incredible rate, pulled forward by his Follower spell, following after Lord Shield. He dispels a RaBid MOnkey while saying, "I thought I'd gotten rid of them all..." and then is suddenly jerked up 40 feet into the air.

Encard: I think maybe I should have just Zapped myself here... AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

A boulder flies down the mountainside, smashing into Encard. It spins him around in mid air just as he is jerked upward yet again...

Encard: This isn't all that pleasant...

As they continue to climb, Encard notices some senses movement to the right...

------------------
Bow down to the Weasels of Apocalypse! RaBid Fruit Trees! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Miniature Exploding Demonic Demons of Doom, Death and Desruction!
:1drgat1:
Old 08-13-2001, 09:33 PM   #155
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Skye's ears twitch as she senses movement coming towards the small cavern that she was being held captive in, she readys herself to launch at the wizard (at least she's supposing its the wizard...). As the unknown person rounds the corner, she growls and launches herself at the shadow's head. And is jerked to the floor, landing ungracefully on her head, as the chains in the cavern wall hold her back. "Stupid chains! STUPID wizard!!!" She screams, venting her frustration and anger. (hey, would u like to be cooped up in a hideyhole in a mountain for who knows how long, waiting for someone to rescue or kill you?) Skye looks up in suspicion when she doesn't hear any insane cackling at her outburst. The intruder seemed to be wearing a long cloak, with a hood, that was hiding the person's features from her amazingly good eyesight. "Hm, must have powerful enchantments on 'em, got to keep that in mind" She thought to herself, as she watched the person warily. Skye blinked in surprise as the person dropped her weapons, that had been taken, in front of her. She glanced quickly at the person, then grabbed her stuff before the cloaked figure could change their mind. As she glanced up again, she noticed the figure starting to pull their hood back. She was about able to make out their features, when... *Thwack* "OWIE!!!!" Skye rubbed her head in pain, as she stared up at the ceiling of the cavern. "How come I always hit my head? And where the heck did that person go?" She looked about in confusion, as the cavern seemed to be undisturbed since the last visit of the crazed wizard. "A, a dream? It was a stupid dream?! Man, this underground stuff is finally starting to get to you, girly," Skye started to mutter to herself, then stopped, as one of her hands tightened around an item. "Now how'd this get here? Hm, must've fallen out of my hair when I hit my head... yeah, that was it. The dream was just a, just a conicidence, thats all..." She trailed off, as she stared thoughtfully at the small bag of lockpicks she held in her hand (btw, Skye has rather nice, long hair, which is very useful for concealing small items, that are handy for tight spots. You know, the usual small bundle of lockpicks, or a foldable dagger, stuff like that. ^_~* And you wonder why it hurts when a girl's hair whips you, eh? heheh.) She was about to free herself when she heard a commotion in the tunnel. "Well, looks like we're gonna have to save this for a rainy day..." Skye sighed, placing the lockpicks back in the usual hiding place in her hair. "Let the craziness commense!" She smirked, as she watched the entrance expectantly, waiting for the crazed wizard to round the corner.
OOC- you know wat? Im getting tired of not doin anythin... I have to entertain myself somehow! ^_^;; and doesnt encard sorta remind u of skye? they r both totally confusing, and dangerous to , er, everyone's health. lol. ^_^;;

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 08-13-2001, 10:05 PM   #156
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: This bar is becoming a 'Battle of the Gods'. Everyone seems to have all these awesome powers, no weaknesses, and having amazingly high ranks in Wilderness Lore.. I mean, how did everyone else find the mountain? I found it because of the Song Dragon.. Hmm? LS, do we have to meet this dragon before we find Skye? I can't post anything until I know this important fact.
IC:
Old 08-14-2001, 08:55 AM   #157
Lord Shield

OOC: The dragon was put in by Tancred - to be perfectly honest, I'm going to walk straight past it - it doesn't dare breach the covenant by attacking me - my beef is with Alrethus the Wizard, former assistant to a former arch-foe - as for Godly powers, I deliberately did not include all the magic items Shield used to have - Permanent Haste/Polymorph Self, Ring of Ethereality, Gloves of Electrokinesis, Visor/Slumber, Displacer Cloak, his Psionics, etc. - he is simply a high level monk with diplomatic skills/power

As for the others I don't know - they may be powerful but definitely not gods. As long as everybody's having fun it doesn't really matter anyway

IC: Skye hears voices in the distance and realises it could not have all been a dream. The wizard's voice in a distance talking to others - is that fear in his voice? Something about Shield? The bartender's left his bar to rescue her? Maybe there's hope for him yet

------------------

Old 08-14-2001, 11:24 AM   #158
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb casts a Levitate spell and grabs hold of Kivan's arms as he flies upwards to the next plateau, using a Control Wind spell to push himself and Kivan onto it, standing before the entrance to the cavern, Kivan and Neb look at the sunset before entering the cavern, quickly catching up with everyone else due to a couple of castings of Improved Haste by Neb, Neb also conceals the party by casting invisibility on everyone and creating a high-level illusion of the party which is walking a few feet in front of them.
Old 08-14-2001, 02:03 PM   #159
Encard
Quintesson

As they move forward, there is a large amount of crunching noises to the right. As they turn to look, a large group of... monkeys? demons? somethings jumps out from behind a pile of boulders and runs forwards with claws extended... For no apparent reason, as Encard zaps them with one of his wands and a massive lightningball flies at them, RaBid Weasels fall from the sky and rip half the things to shreds before they get to the group, leaving only about fifty alive. The battle beings...

------------------
Bow down to the Weasels of Apocalypse! RaBid Fruit Trees! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Miniature Exploding Demonic Demons of Doom, Death and Desruction!
:1drgat1:
Old 08-14-2001, 02:20 PM   #160
Lord Shield

Shield sweeps one down and bring his foot down hard on its neck ~crack!~

Lord Raptor slices the head off another and runs through a second. Slaughter Margin slams in with Blackrazor doing a wobbler

------------------