Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2001, 10:51 AM   #91
Lord Shield

Lord Shield looks ou of the bar in dismay, the pact between Chaos and the Old Ones forbiddig him to help in avatar form. Then he smiles. He looks back in the bar and traces an outline in the air. A slim human form appears - male, fully clothed, with a quarterstaff.

The Bartender looks approvingly "I guess I was good-looking when mortal, eh? This form will do nicely" - He then inhabits the body of his former mortal life - that of a 36th-level Mystic (Basic D&D)

Damned if anybody's abducting MY customers!!

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 08-11-2001, 12:09 PM   #92
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

OOC: I really need to check my hotmail inbox more often, I just fond out about the URL switch, and to think that I was worried that the forum had stopped compleatly.

IC: "Your not coming?", asked the anti-paladin.
"Nope...not a chance", replied Theif, his words slurred as he took another swig of his meed.

"But what about adventure and gold and random acts of violence out there just waiting to be commited?"

Theif sighed into his mug and swirled the remaining liquid around the bottom.

"No. my mind is made up I'm staying here... adventuring was great but, I don't think I'm really cut out for that kind of lifestyle. I've always dreamed of finding a place like this to settle down, free beer, warm fireplace, free beer, working plumbing, free beer, friendly people with lot's of gold (that they keep in exposed purses) and *free beer*."

"Well, if that's your final desicion then there is nothing I can do but wish you luck... anyway I'm sure I'll be back here often so we'll see each other all the time. Keep Delphie's staff safe for me Theif.", Lord Flash slung his rune axes over his back as he spoke ," Until we meet again!", taking one last look at his friend he strode towards the mass of adventurers amassing near the portal to evermeed.

"Oh boss, one last thing", shouted the halfling tossing a ruby Katana at the black knight, "give this to that chicken, and tell the others that if they want items forging, then they know where to come..."
Old 08-11-2001, 01:11 PM   #93
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: No, no. We aren't in Evermeet, Ace. Tancred has to go there to slay a dragon by himself. Trust me, if we were in Evermeet, I'm sure Rhazor would recognize the surroundings.
IC:
Old 08-11-2001, 03:22 PM   #94
Tancred
White Dragon

Tancred sighs, picks up his sword, replaces it in his scabbard, grabs a few meat samosas from the food table and strides up to the door, reporting to the newly mortal Lord Shield with a world-weary salute.
He peers out of the door. Snow carpets the forest floor, but the forest leaves seem to be defiantly green.
"Yipes, it's cold... Are these deciduous trees, or is that the other one?" The cavalier asks. He hunts around in his pack for a green wool scarf, which he wraps around his neck and face, pulling up his chainmail hood.

OOC: OK folks... I've got a story, and I'm going to run with it. If this goes to plan, everything with the sword SHOULD work out...

[This message has been edited by Tancred (edited 08-11-2001).]
Old 08-11-2001, 03:37 PM   #95
Lord Shield

OOC Note: LS himself isn't mortal but he's using a mortal form and is restricted to his martial arts and skills in that form. And before your eyes goggle out a 36th level char in Basic D&D is pretty similar to 20th level in AD&D 2nd Edition in terms of abilities - he just has more HP

Looking at the staff wih memories long gone he twirls it about his body, smiling as the old moves are still with him. "Let's move" - he appesars not ot have noticed his old crown was created with the rest of him - Emperor Shield of Mystara is back in business

------------------

Old 08-11-2001, 06:00 PM   #96
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Skye sits up, with a splitting headache. Well, at least trys to sit up. *smack!* "Ooowie" She rubs her head, looking up at the low ceiling of what looks to be a cave. "How the heck did I get here?" she wonders, then grimaces as she remembers her, er, clumsy moment back at the Bar. "Ok, by now I should expect that I be left here to rot, so I have to try and rescue myself, without messin everything up more. *Brrr!* Why is it so cold?!" She rubbs her hands together, finally noticing the frost on her clothes and.... "wait a sec, where are my weapons?!" She looks about frantically, and trys to get up, but falls, as her feet seem to be chained together. She hears a noise comming from the back of the small cavern.
"So, the elf-woman is finally awake, eh?" the shadow chuckles. She holds her breath in suspense as a figure steps out from the shadows...

OOC- Ergh, why do they make computers so bright? I have the hugest headache of the century! -_-;;

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 08-11-2001, 09:13 PM   #97
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: I'm sure, by this time, that everyone is utterly confused. Because I sure am! My previous post stated that it was ALMOST winter, not completely..
IC: Standing back up, Rhazor takes in to the fact that he will have to be cautious where he steps, it's like a Thief's dream world in here. He checks his equipment, everything seems to be there. Scimtars, bow.. MOONBLADE!? Where had his Moonblade gone? This was not good. Just when he was getting over his grief about the loss of his Moonblade, he hears a loud shrieking sound. *Seems to be coming from the north, or is that north?* Shaking out all the jumbled thoughts and questions, Rhazor heads towards the shriek. A few steps, and BOOM! Rhazor is sent to the ground, with a little jolt running through him. Standing back up, he takes one step to the right, and takes another step forward. BOOM! He is sent back to the ground. Repeating the process a few times, Rhazor gets annoyed and decides to try to run through his 'cage'. A few feet back, a running start, and BOOM! He breaks through one side, and is sent hurtling to the other. Maybe this is the end of all these games.. Rhazor continues to make his way from where he heard the shriek, being careful not to walk into any other traps.
Old 08-11-2001, 10:16 PM   #98
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- Hm, hope I wasn't the one who u considered to be shrieking at the moment Nanobyte, cuz Skye is still "holding her breath in suspense". ^_^* you could say he heard a large thumping noise, once from her hitting her head, twice from falling over. heheh. ^_^;; clumsy me...

IC- *gasp* *gasp* *gasp* *gasp* Skye continues to try to hold her breath in suspense, while waiting for someone else to contribute to this post, and "describe" what happens next.

OOC- ok, so that could count as spamming... but its no fun if i describe the bad guy whose about to do somethin evil to my own character! thats takes all the fun out of it... ;-( and my head still hurts... sorry, Im rambling, but i have the head ache of the century! *owie*

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 08-12-2001, 05:05 AM   #99
Neb
Account deleted by Request

One of the adventurers gathered around the table with the bag says "It looks as though almost everyone is leaving, maybe we should follow them?" The gnome and one of the adventurers respond that they would prefer to stay here, but the last of them, who is a Sorcerer, agrees to follow the ranger, Kivan and Nebucadnezzar follow the mass of other adventurers through the portal.
Old 08-12-2001, 08:08 AM   #100
Lord Shield

Emperor Shield lived in Mystara but was born on Earth - he has an idea

Gettig a longsword from the bar, he jams it into the ground then leans it to the force field. There are sparks and jolts over the sword as the field conducts through the sword into the ground.

There are visible flickerings. "LET'S GO" - he cannons full speed (which isfaster than a racing horse for a monk) through the force field and out the other side with no more damage than a stuck-up haircut

"Come on, folks - let's go"

There is no real lighting in Skydrac's cell but herinfravision shows a humanoid - she wishes she was 3rd edition where night vision shows better detail

"Hmmm", says the figure, "i REALLY like elves"

------------------