Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2004, 03:56 PM   #1
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Well...I don't really know what to say...

I really liked the ending, I think NWN did have an engrossing story, and the various twists were a nice effect. I also like the romance aspect, though that remains incomplete, much to my chargrin(sp?).

One thing that really disappointed me was the fact that Shadows of the Undrentide doesn't continue the story of "The Hero of Neverwinter"...I really wanted to play as my character a little longer and complete some unfinished business (mainly romance wise...but a new story with that char would have been excellent!). Anyone know if Bioware are making a direct sequel to NWN? I would love to see a NWN2...

Sorry, I just had to get this off my chest...thanks for reading through and bearing with me if you did!
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:17 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

Don't forget to pick up Hordes of the Underdark too. Although it continues the story from SoU, there are some mentions of the story of Neverwinter Nights too.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:20 AM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I just completed it last night as well. I really enjoyed the ending and the final battle. I had a difficult time with the final battle because my cleric had depleted almost all his spells and I didn't rest before entering the final lair, and I didn't have a backup save. So spellwise I had a few lower buffs like bless, and 2 upper level summons like dire bear. I still had my henchman and a greater elemental with me when I entered so I managed. Mainly having lots of potions, to buff and heal both me and my allies got me through it.

While it was a little disappointing not to take my character to SoU I kind of like having a new character in a new adventure so it isn't so bad. Started SoU last night, and it is good so far.

[ 03-25-2004, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 04:31 AM   #4
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

lol, it sounds like we're at the same level, pritchke. [img]smile.gif[/img] Although I'm further now...

Yeah, I guess it is nice having a new character with new story...but maybe if they release a sequel I would love to continue as the Hero of Neverwinter...you could still make a new character or import one, I dunno. I guess it was a first time reaction because of the cliffhanger-ish ending and the hype of just having completed it.

And I know HOU continues from SOU...that's a good thing at least. And yes, I have that too, and I know you see the original henchmen! W00tage! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Anyways, I'm settling into SOU now...it is actually pretty good.
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote