Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2000, 06:25 PM   #1
thorlord

ok i killed the dragon but im not sure i dont need him later on in the game or if something bad will come from this ..like something to do with the sword ...and by the way that sowrd sucks!!!...the blue jinni gives you a much better one...i thought that sword the dragon gives you would be the bad boy on the block...as hard as it was to get.....i saved the game just befor i pissed off the dragon and killed him ( killing him was not easy to do...took me over an hour...maybe longer lol no joke)
but i gain 3 levels on each person in my party from kiling him so..heheeeeeee
(1) was it ok to kill the dragon.
(2) will i lose anything or miss out on anything from killing this dragon
(3) what about what it says about the sword...consuming each person that has had this sword....sounds more like a cursed object the anything
Old 11-19-2000, 08:38 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

1) NO it was not okay to kill the dragon. He was a relative of mine.
2) NO except don't expect a christmas card from me.
3) Don't sweat it! It'll be okay (which might have ruined the anxiety you might have suffered which might have been sort of a justice for having killed the dragon)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2000, 09:40 PM   #3
thefox

Eek... Took you an hour?? I killed him just to see what happens.. apart from giving you a ton of XP, i decided not to kill him just incase something is triggered later in the game... As for killing him... i roasted him in about 2 mins flat with my warlocks death spells...accompanied with cold spells..., plus a few scrolls of nasty ugly spells....

Like most RPG or D&D, i used to keep all my lovely scrolls.. came in handy in a showdown with a major nasty of the game... Dragons are immune to my lovely flame spell... pity
Old 11-20-2000, 05:05 PM   #4
DragonLady

Since my name is DragonLady
No i dont think killing the Dragon is such a nice thing to do, I love Dragons so i will let him live on.
Remember he has been around a very long time Maybe there is a reason for that Not sure ?
(I am now seaking out the dragon as we speak)
Old 11-20-2000, 08:45 PM   #5
thorlord

oookkkkkk....Wyvern want some dragon boots? i made it from that dragon i killed
often Wyvern has help me so this reply will be somewhat nice ...hey Wyvern did you know if you kill a dragon and cut open the insides that you will find gold and diamonds inside them? they often swallow what they value the most.

ok thefox....that was a fast kill...what spells you use?? what level where you at..im 11th level 2nd class for most of my party...i have a warlock ( 11th level) but not all the spells...does a warlock get more levels of spells?

ok DragonLady....haha don't be mad at me ...your next...who knows i might just slay your heart and keep ya around forever! hehe

Dragonlady shielded with layers of scales protecting her heart...
the breath of fire wards off thos who might threaten her with such love...but dragonlady the man who slays your heart is the man that will show you the meaning of love of life...
Old 11-20-2000, 09:31 PM   #6
thefox

>>ok thefox....that was a fast kill...what spells you use?? what level where you at..im 11th level 2nd class for most >>of my party...i have a warlock ( 11th level) but not all the spells...does a warlock get more levels of spells?

death spell, scrolls of death, meteor, cold spells wasted the dragon in no time.. i also had max mana in my party, so when the mana was depleted.. i just topped it back up... Also had haste running, so my party could dish out serious damage. Seriously i nailed the dragon, in say 3-5 min tops ok.. thats no joke! that time frame was from me swapping spells for use items etc... my party are level 17
Old 11-21-2000, 04:39 AM   #7
Ze_sponge

Allrighty then.. ya all killed the pesky dragon. Smote him even. Burned his annoyingly evasive hide into ash. Good job..

All I have to say is...NO MAVIN FOR YOU! (soup nazi imitation)

But then you guys probably know that. He's the 3rd watcher.. no dragon ..no sword. Tho personally I think you should be able to loot either his stash or his body. He's gotta have it hidden away somewhere. That must be .. a BUG! Patch! Surely the dragon was meant to be slain, flying around teasing us adventurers.. mocking our abilities. Have you tried *using* those dragon arrows?
Old 11-21-2000, 04:50 AM   #8
Astyanax12

I believe you can actually win the game after killing the dragon. Cet can only be hurt by a weapon of the black fire - the mavin itself obviously, but the serpent staff from skull castle will also work. Not having the mavin will make it harder tho.

It will be interesting to know if you can get through Dragonspire. The first door to the mavin and Brimloch Roon may not open without the dragon - but the second door to BR (which never opened for me) may open when the dragon dies. Anyone found this to be true?

PS: you can climb the cliff to avoid dragonspire entirely, it isn't easy but it can be done, trying running up the cliff near to Torin. You may need to increase your agility/athletics skills.
Old 11-21-2000, 07:37 PM   #9
thorlord

ohh ok Ze_sponge...well in fact...i was smart enough to get the sword and info befor killing the dragon...but your such a smart ass Ze_sponge we all know that your chemical process reaction vigorously with oxygen is producing alot of hot air... as it says in the Encarta ( try using one sometime) But you lack the power and C3H8 of such whitty comment that its showing nothing but...( in lamemans term)one big fizzel and at best Gas...Hot air...

In anycase it is evident it will be a cold day in hell befor your posses the structure or qualities to get your piont accros with out sounding like a 2nd grader.

Have a nice day Ze_sponge

Astyanax12: I found a few other sword more powerfule then the mavin but there not made from the black fire...and i think thats the diff...i think you can get one better sword from the blue jinni...but the mavin wasnt all that i thought it would be after going through so much trouble getting the thing...and that 2nd door never open up for me either...but it leads to the same way out...
(1)Does anyone know of better swords then the mavin?
Old 11-22-2000, 03:23 AM   #10
Ze_sponge

Ok then. For someone that's so critical of others, why don't you try PROOF reading your posts? I think I've seen passed out drunks spell better than this...