Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-11-2002, 09:57 AM   #1
TheGoodBadUgly
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Which stronghold quest will the monk do?
Old 09-11-2002, 10:57 AM   #2
Aliyah L'bliss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The monk has the fighters Stronghold
Old 09-11-2002, 11:17 AM   #3
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Yep that's the D'Arnise Keep in case you didn't know.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:32 PM   #4
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Which kinda, like, sucks.

In my opinion each class should have their own stronghold. Maybe sorcerors and wizards could share the planar sphere but having monks gain a secular lordship is kinda lame.

I have this idea for a mod that would give the babarian and the monk a different stronghold. The babarian should get Firkraag's dungeon once Firkraag himself is ousted. Here he can rule over Firkraag's former minions (orcs and trolls and such).

I'm not quite as sure about the monk. We have to plant a dojo somewhere and attach some kind of quest to it. The monk could claim a title such as abbot or sensei and tutor some neophytes.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:17 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Actually, the de'Arnise Keep seems perfectly fine for the Barbarian, except that you get called "Lord" or "Lady" all the time you're there. Pardon me, m'Lord, you've spilled gravy down the front of your tunic.....no, sir, don't wipe it on the dog! Sigh....I'll just go polish your axe then, shall I sir?"

The Keep seems completely wrong for the Monk, however. I'm with you, Indemaijini, I think the Monk should become the head of some dojo, best situated in some mountains or forests. One of my ideas was to turn Firkraag's dungeon (just the first, cave-like part of it) into your own school, the Order of the Dragon (gotta love those big gold Dragon-heads outside), where you train your acolytes in the ways of combat, and answer Zen koans about the mystery of life. At the end, you'd earn that Jade Hound Figurine that was never implemented in the game, and you'd get the Special Ability of Dragon Punch, which does something cool.

[ 09-11-2002, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 09-12-2002, 07:44 AM   #6
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I just liked the idea of the babarian ruling the dungeon better because of it's inhabitants. You know all those orcs and trolls that you can let flee. After you kill their former boss they might be impressed and elect you as the leader of their horde. An evil character could use them to terrorise the country for fun and profit while a good aligned character could try to teach them better ways. Thieves guild style.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:39 AM   #7
Thuram
Dungeon Master

I would play the Barbarian just for the fun of having Tazok serving me.
"No Tazok, you can't go out today kill some humans. First you need to clean the cave ..."
Thuram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 03:08 PM   #8
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Or that troll chef (a piece of him could have been overlooked in some jar or whatnot). "No, Aerie not food. Aerie friend!"
Old 09-12-2002, 08:36 PM   #9
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Indemaijinj:
Which kinda, like, sucks.

In my opinion each class should have their own stronghold. Maybe sorcerors and wizards could share the planar sphere but having monks gain a secular lordship is kinda lame.

I have this idea for a mod that would give the babarian and the monk a different stronghold. The babarian should get Firkraag's dungeon once Firkraag himself is ousted. Here he can rule over Firkraag's former minions (orcs and trolls and such).

I'm not quite as sure about the monk. We have to plant a dojo somewhere and attach some kind of quest to it. The monk could claim a title such as abbot or sensei and tutor some neophytes.
Hmmm, I'll bring it up at the next BGmods meeting, just please send me a private message to remind me.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 09:13 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

New Monk Stronghold -> Priest MOD
New Barbarian Stronghold -> Warrior MOD

Good ideas for becoming leader of the demihumans! I'll have to rethink ownership of Firkraag's place now......