Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-22-2001, 04:34 PM   #11
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Whoa there my friend. You're the one who brought sheep into this, not me. But I guess if one were into f**cking sheep, a kilt would fascilitate that more readily then some more suitable winter wear. I guess I just answered my own previous question.

ROTFLOL! Hadn't thought of that!
But the weather over here isnt THAT bad i guess....though it does have a tendancy to rain 345 days a year!

------------------

My hopes lie dashed,
Crushed from high above,
My dreams lie shattered, my heart broken,
A casulty on a battlefield called love.
Old 05-22-2001, 04:35 PM   #12
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Ouch!!! I thought Scotland had great weather too. With that kind of weather, why the hell do you all wear kilts? I would think some kind of windbreaker, or something would be in order.

Windbreakers are for wimps .

Scotsmen are by nature hardy and take to the open air during the coldest of weather clad only in skimpy kilts, with thier faces painted blue, all carrying claymores and continually shout "FREEDOM" in very loud voices.

If there ever is a nuclear war, forget the ants, cockroaches etc. as survivors. Mark my words, the post-apocalyptic world will be overrun with undersized, ginger headed mutants with a disconcerting habit of bearing their buttocks at all and sundry

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Old 05-22-2001, 04:36 PM   #13
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

And how I long for that day Mouse!

------------------

My hopes lie dashed,
Crushed from high above,
My dreams lie shattered, my heart broken,
A casulty on a battlefield called love.
Old 05-22-2001, 04:54 PM   #14
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
GRRRRRRR! If someone says the "K" word again....i'll.....i'll....

WE DONT WEAR KILTS! EAT HAGGIS (often) OR F**K SHEEP!!!!

Ahh but Jerome, kilts are lovely

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-22-2001, 05:04 PM   #15
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I spoke to soon. It's snowing.

Yeah Jerome, what Epona said -- Kilts are lovely.

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.
Old 05-22-2001, 05:04 PM   #16
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Ahh but Jerome, kilts are lovely

And in honour of these remarks, I feel dutybound to wheel out one of the entries from the apocryphal tome entitled "Worlds Oldest and Crappiest Jokes"

Tourist to Scotsman "Excuse me, can you tell me what's worn under the kilt?"

Scotsman to Tourist "Nothing - it's all in perfect working order."

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Old 05-23-2001, 02:27 AM   #17
Keryvian
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ/newbie:
know exactly what you mean, how long have you lived there? here in mt, I know better than to plant anything before we get our memorial weekend blizzard -- it just gets frozen and/or broken. we had 3" of snow on sunday morning, but it melted right away, but there were quite a few who had put in their tomatoe plants, who are going back to get some more now.

I've lived in Colorado for 13 years. I have enough weather sense not to plant things (like tomatoes) when all the "expert" are telling you to, but there is not much I can do about when my flowers decide to bloom.

What part of Montana? I can still remember a 4th of July camping trip near Phillipsburg when it snowed on us.

------------------
Nid yw'r hoff o lyfr yn fyr o gyfaill.
Old 05-23-2001, 02:46 AM   #18
Keryvian
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Draconia:
Hi Keryvian. My husband works in Colorado and he told me that it snowed over there. He likes snow so he was happy about it. I will be there next week and I hope it doesn't snow while I am there. I see you live in Denver. My husband works in Bond. Do you know where that is? We might become residents of the little town. I hope anyway. Take care and I hope you flowers survived the snow.

The forecast for next week is quite nice (for Denver, anyway) - low to mid 70s, and mostly sunny. You should be safe. Of course, you should know that weather forecasting for this part of Colorado is even less of an exact science than it is in most other places.

Is Bond a bit north and west of Vail? That's a beautiful part of the state. If you move there, you'll have to tell me where all the best places to camp are - the obscure places that the locals always know about, but don't tell the tourists.

Where in Utah are you? I grew up in Ogden.

------------------
Nid yw'r hoff o lyfr yn fyr o gyfaill.
Old 05-23-2001, 03:08 AM   #19
Draconia

Quote:
Originally posted by Keryvian:
The forecast for next week is quite nice (for Denver, anyway) - low to mid 70s, and mostly sunny. You should be safe. Of course, you should know that weather forecasting for this part of Colorado is even less of an exact science than it is in most other places.

Is Bond a bit north and west of Vail? That's a beautiful part of the state. If you move there, you'll have to tell me where all the best places to camp are - the obscure places that the locals always know about, but don't tell the tourists.

Where in Utah are you? I grew up in Ogden.

If I move there, I will let you know about those places.

I am not sure where Vail is. Bond is north of Glenwood Springs. My husband stays in Eagle. Eagle is about 35 miles from Bond (if I remember right). I don't know the Colorado area at all. Been to Bond once 5 yrs ago.
I live in Green River. I like the area around Ogden. There is a town close to Ogden that I thought would be a really nice place to live. But I can't remember the name.
Hopefully the weather will be nice when I go. I really don't want to be stuck in a hotel room with 3 kids. I would rather stay home.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen