Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-05-2001, 09:10 AM   #31
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

A fad is something that is in fashion for a short while. e.g skateboarding, miniskirts, yoyos etc

WHAT??????? You mean MiniSkirts are out??????

Old 12-05-2001, 09:15 AM   #32
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Oh no, Magik Man, I have several in the closet--just no *micro* minis
Old 12-05-2001, 09:29 AM   #33
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

WHAT??????? You mean MiniSkirts are out??????

They come in and they go out. a recurring fad. Out of fashion at the moment but don't let that stop you wearing yours if you are comfortable with it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-05-2001, 09:32 AM   #34
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

OMG!!!!! The mental imagery of Magik wearing a mini skirt is *too* much!!! It has totally unhinged any serious attempt I may have made at life today! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2001, 09:54 AM   #35
MagiK

errr ick...the thought of seeing me in a mini skirt is worse than the thought of seein me nekkid in the mirror in the morning....the horror

Old 12-05-2001, 11:21 AM   #36
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
OH no.. please tell me.. not another clan? guild? order? ACK!!!!!!!!!!

Cloudy, running fast and screaming loudly! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

No honey, not at all. (So you can stop squeaking right now! )

Any additions to sigs will be made by individuals as when and if they want, based on their own desires, views and principles (not to mention what they had for breakfast the day before yesterday. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2001, 11:26 AM   #37
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!

I think not, actually. Take a proper look, and you'll find we have you surrounded by giant spiders who want to keep you as a pet, and feed you on grubs.

Any illusion of victory you may be labouring under is completely false, merely a figment of your deluded imagination!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2001, 11:32 AM   #38
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
Thanks for clearing up the reasoning behind the "not in my name" puzzle.....

I'm afraid I won't be joining that campaign, however. You see, while I may or may not personally agree with the decision to send troops, I support the troops themselves. I was part of that group in Beirut several years ago, my sister was part of the troops in Desert Storm, my baby brother is on readiness alert still for this conflagration. Knowing that people 'back home' were standing behind me was more important most days than why the government had sent us!

So, while you may be against your government's sending in troops and you might not agree with armed presences at all, you might wish to keep in mind that regardless, these are your fellow countrymen who deep in their hearts can feel your support--or lack thereof. *That* is what will make the difference, not some silly tagline.

Nothing to join, Garnet. It isn't a campaign, as I'm sure you'd realise if you'd bothered to read this thread properly. MagiK asked a question, I answered it. Others joined in spontaneously.

There is no campaign, no clan, no mass ideology here.

I won't take up your other points here, as GD is the wrong place for discussions of this nature. That is what the war forum is for.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:29 PM   #39
Chewbacca
Zartan

A lesson hard learned from the 'Nam era is that people can be against a goverment policy, but not against the people who carry it out. "Not in my name.." to me, has nothing to do with the the folks following the orders, but those that made the orders.
Old 12-06-2001, 07:16 AM   #40
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

Nothing to join, Garnet. It isn't a campaign, as I'm sure you'd realise if you'd bothered to read this thread properly. MagiK asked a question, I answered it. Others joined in spontaneously.

There is no campaign, no clan, no mass ideology here.

I won't take up your other points here, as GD is the wrong place for discussions of this nature. That is what the war forum is for.

I beg to differ. I used the word campaign in one of the original senses of the word, not the gaming (and war) definition as a quest or clan gathering....campaign "a connected series of operations designed to bring about a particular result". Is this not the main purpose of this--to make visible your (and others) displeasure/non support of your government's decision to send troops? I never mentioned a new clan, and the others who posted here advocating the "Not in my name" tagline are the ones purporting "mass ideology", not me.

And I *did* read the posts quite carefully. I responded in the same vein as did you and everyone else--my opinion, my ideas, my experience. It did not happen to run parallel with yours and so I am to be relegated to 'wrong-land'?

No, Silver Cheetah, this does not belong in the war forum since it is not a commentary on the war, bin Laden, or anything else any more than your and the other spontaneous comments on this subject! My comments were no more inflamatory, militaristic or pacifistic than anyone else's. In no way were they as confrontational as others I have seen and/or received, your own included.

What I said was a spontaneous remark like everyone else's. You cannot defend your and other's rights to do so and then take me to task for doing the same just because it opposes yours!

End of topic. I will post no more publically in response to this disagreement.