Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-04-2001, 10:46 PM   #41
turbovee
Elminster

LZ - I know exactly what you mean. I have had to instruct a young pet store employee on the biology of fish a few times. I hated getting rid of my fish. I just couldn't handle the expense anymore and once you have such a large tank you can't go back to smaller tanks. You feel like your cheating your fish. That 3 1/2 foot clown knife was too cool. I could hand feed it and it would swim through my fingers as if to let me pet it. I had a Red devil as my first fresh water fish and I had to get rid of it becuase I couldn't have any other fish in the tank. He would kill them almost the instant they hit the water. I'm happy with my parrots, although they are really expensive, they are easy to care for and a complete blast to be with. I've had reptiles, cats, dogs, fish, bunnies, and ferrets and I'll stick with my birds.

------------------
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-04-2001, 11:12 PM   #42
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
LZ - I know exactly what you mean. I have had to instruct a young pet store employee on the biology of fish a few times. I hated getting rid of my fish. I just couldn't handle the expense anymore and once you have such a large tank you can't go back to smaller tanks. You feel like your cheating your fish. That 3 1/2 foot clown knife was too cool. I could hand feed it and it would swim through my fingers as if to let me pet it. I had a Red devil as my first fresh water fish and I had to get rid of it becuase I couldn't have any other fish in the tank. He would kill them almost the instant they hit the water. I'm happy with my parrots, although they are really expensive, they are easy to care for and a complete blast to be with. I've had reptiles, cats, dogs, fish, bunnies, and ferrets and I'll stick with my birds.

I don't blame you for giving up fish Turbovee. I just feel with the ones I have now, I have to keep until they're gone because I don't trust anyone to take care of them properly. I raised a few cichlids that grew aggressive and donated them to a big pet store who put them in their display case. I hated to get rid of them as they were rainbow colored and beautiful, but very large and agressive and not what I could handle at the time. Funny cause all the fish books I bought said cichlids only mated with thier own particular species. NOT!! I had a fuelborni and an Acci (you may not know what I'm talking about here, that's OK, just keep in mind it's two different species of cichlids here!) mate and the babies turned out rainbow colored (blue, pink yellow all blended in with light blue dorsal fins) One of a kind.

------------------
Old 04-04-2001, 11:15 PM   #43
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

HI LADYZ!!! 8*P

Haha! Finally caught'cha!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-04-2001, 11:22 PM   #44
turbovee
Elminster

LZ - I know exactly what kind of fish you're talking about. My friend is a nut for africans and he gives me all his knowledge. interesting combinations. I have seen a couple of odd breedings, always a interesting surprise. Some of the combinations don't go and the fish wind up deformed.

Right now I have my own pet dolphin and I think that's enough. Technically she belongs to the military, but she loves me nonetheless. I have to give her up to someone else soon, but it was fun while it lasted. Well I have to sign off and say goodnight y'all. C-ya tomorrow. Everyone take care, sleep tight and don't let the umber hulks bite.

P.S. everyone who hasn't checked in please keep posting to this thread as I will read it first thing tomorrow.

------------------
Peace and hair grease

[This message has been edited by turbovee (edited 04-04-2001).]
Old 04-04-2001, 11:23 PM   #45
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Turboboss! Any pics of that wondrous new machine of yours? I'm still waiting, very patiently for me!

Shouldn't you have named this thread "Miss ME? I missed my CARS!" teehee

I am so very glad to see you back , bosself!

CandyApple

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-05-2001, 01:16 AM   #46
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
The RSX looks too cool. If I wasn't getting older and less conservative. I would jump into one of those in a heartbeat. Have you seen the previews on the net? That car is going to be the reigning king of the japanese hotrod circuit. They're supposed to put an awesome power plant in it. I love the new interior and the exterior is just an absolutely incredible design.
Indeed....220 hp from a 4-banger....not bad at all considering it is not turbo/super charged. Time to start saving for my next car.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-05-2001, 01:40 AM   #47
turbovee
Elminster

checking back in for awhile before I shoot off to bed!

CB - How can I take new pics when I'm out cruising the ocean?

Accord - 220 HP is amazing, I remember when you had to have at least a v-6 to get that much HP. The eclipse had to go to a v-6 to keep up. 220 HP is only 40 less than my car and its about a 1000 lbs heavier. That car will be a total screamer. It still can't keep up with my 56' turbo bug though. I still smoke V-8s with that thing

------------------
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-05-2001, 01:44 AM   #48
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yes, speaking of Eclipse.....I missed the 2.0 Turbo version ...... I am not a big fan of V-6 as you can probably tell.
How many horses does your turbo beetle pumps out??

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-05-2001, 01:51 AM   #49
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:

How many horses does your turbo beetle pumps out??

240 HP w/ an 11.35 sec 1/4 mile. car only weighs in at less than 2 tons.
Pins you too the seat every time you stomp on it. I want to stick the same kind of engine in my Karmann Ghia except the folks that build my motors came out with a fuel injected version that cranks out almost 300 street legal horses. I'm going to kill myself one these days trying to drive these tin cans.

------------------
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-05-2001, 01:54 AM   #50
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
240 HP w/ an 11.35 sec 1/4 mile. car only weighs in at less than 2 tons.
Pins you too the seat every time you stomp on it. I want to stick the same kind of engine in my Karmann Ghia except the folks that build my motors came out with a fuel injected version that cranks out almost 300 street legal horses. I'm going to kill myself one these days trying to drive these tin cans.
Nice!!
All for the joy of SPEED my friend!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!