Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-20-2000, 05:59 AM   #1
carg
The Magister

Currently I hardly use horses anymore: it doesn't feel like they're moving faster than on foot, and fighting from horseback is troublesome. Has anyone timed whether horses are faster or not, and are there other advantages of riding then finding out where those mantraps can fit through?
Ratlings (sneeks, red- and blacklegs) tell you: 'ye pays fer pies!'. Would they mean the ratpie you gave to Bilbump? It seems somewhat farfetched, but it does fit.
Has anyone yet found a way to cast silence on shopkeepers?
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2000, 06:24 AM   #2
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

I've not seen an avantage to using horses for travel, and that bobbing equestrian head disturbs me in some deeply-rooted fashion. However, I've heard that they can travel underwater, and that the annoying lagoon/lake/ocean/what have you piranhas have a hard time attacking you when equestrian-mounted. Can anyone verify this?

I've wondered about that "ya pays fa pies" line, also; I'm not sure what the heck it refers to, but the Bilbump pie reference makes as much sense as any. Or maybe they are actually closet mathemeticians, and it's actually "ya pays fa pi".. hmm that still doesn't make any sense.
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2000, 09:06 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

While I can do without the raft, I do enjoy riding the horse and the ship. Whether they are faster than on foot, I don't know but I still use them. Of course, I am known to ride around in the shire following the dragon just to watch him fly!

If anyone figures out how to cast SILENCE on the NPCs, do let me know! I've got one silence spell earmarked especially for Sebastio!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2000, 09:33 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

That's funny Wyv: the raft I find the most useful, because it can 'run', making it definitely faster than swimming. The boat is useful too, because it can run 'a bit', and you don't have to fight.
But then again usefulness is probably not your primary selection criterium.
I must admit I was pretty impressed with the graphics of esp. the horse, and the 'feel' of riding, rafting, swimming etc. Only that fades with me after a while, and I start looking for ways of doing the 'boring' things, like travel, faster. Thank the heavens for the moon spells.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2000, 10:43 AM   #5
gaunty
The Magister

Has anyone masterd the hand/arm signals that
all of the guild guys do, are each of them different or are they all random. In the 3rd
town there are houses that you can't go into. I want to go in a loyder with the pesants and such.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2000, 11:56 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

gaunty - the other houses are just window dressing. I would have like to see some more people in the game world (as long as they are not as talkative as Sebastio!). On the otherhand, I wouldn't want to see too many more people. I've played games in which there were tons of residents walking around in towns and the vast majority had nothing useful to impart which made it difficult to find the few that were important. Somewhere there is a balance!
Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote